Hitachi Data Systems

www.hds.com

Great family feel with a little too much work to do

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsHDS really does have great people. The team I work on is very close knit and we consider each other personal friends. No hidden agendas or cliques, which is rare. Flexibility to work from home for early calls or focussed project time is great. I feel appreciated and rewarded accordingly.

ConsThere is a lot of work and not enough people. That's pretty consistent across the organization. For those who are willing to make their own careers, this a great place. Don't expect a clear career path to be designed for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with what more you can accomplish without increasing staff. At some point doing more with less is counter productive if your workforce wears out.

Great placer to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems

Pros: great salary/package - great team Cons: none - more days off Advice to Senior Management: great job... keep going in this direction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't assert yourself, you'll threaten management

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay and benefits. Flexible work culture (work from… Cons: Managers don't trust the people that work for them. If you try to assert yourself, you're labeled a misfit and will be blacklisted (which… Advice to Senior Management: Get over yourselves. Trust the people that you hire to do their job. Stop micro-analyzing everything.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hitachi Data Systems.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!