Hitachi Data Systems
www.hds.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

From outside - successful; from inside - a MESS!

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsThis company has a great vision, quality products but future is limited (see cons.)

ConsIf you are in IT, an engineer or in sales, you'd probably like it at this company. The other functions within the company are a mess. It's ironic that this company sells IT infrastructure but they have some of the WORST systems and processes I have seen in my 20+ year work history. They also don't have any training for new hires. They just throw you in and you either sink or swim. It's a shame because new people learn but they never know if it is the right thing and right way or not. At some point having to do either manual or double work due to poor systems will push good employees out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are wasting money!! You are hiring more people than you need because they have to physically make up for your poor systems and infrastructure.

A great place to work

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good pay, great people, excellent ethics! Cons: HDS is not perfect, but I have no real cons. Advice to Senior Management: Watch for the "dark horse" employees a little more often.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company to work in

Cust Service (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time

Pros: Balance work life, able to work at home and flexi lunch hours.… Cons: No Career advancement, too many processes More

There are newer reviews on Hitachi Data Systems.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Hitachi Data Systems – Why Work for Us?

Hitachi Spirit Hitachi Spirit is what distinguishes us as the employer and partner of choice. It’s more than our foundation, more than a poster on the wall. It’s how we operate every day, how we get things done. It’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Data Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hitachi Data Systems CEO Jack Domme. All reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Data Systems employees.