Hitachi Data Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Not bad, not great

Current Employee - Senior SQA Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior SQA Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My immediate manager and their peers are very professional, and even-keeled. Third level management (for my division, based in the UK) are nice enough. My team members are all pleasant, competent, and helpful. There doesn't seem to be any of the back-biting I've seen at some places.

Cons

Although the UK based management are nice, they seem to be a tad out of touch with the "cube dwellers" here in the US. It could be attributed to a difference in cultures -- after all, Silicon Valley Engineers can be a touch..... "out there".
There have been some recent grumblings of discontent and several engineers have left due to dissatisfaction with recent executive project decisions. To be fair however, I feel management is putting forth a concerted effort to reverse the attrition.

Continue your efforts to retain good people as the Valley's job market for engineers seems to be heating up. I'm not one to advocate that employees be coddled, but when folks feel their efforts are wasted they'll look for a place where they are appreciated. That lead to a lot of lost productivity and re-invention of the wheel.

305 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems (View Most Recent)

business analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

co-workers are nice and friendly

Cons

top management not care about employees

Great products and growing fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Results oriented with low emphasis on the details of how and when you get your job done. Industry leading products. Great peers!

Cons

More political than I would like. Managers are better at managing up than down. Occasionally reminded that HDS is just a component of one of the worlds largest companies.

Great leadership at the senior management level. Good communication about big picture. Shorter term tactics could be better communicated. Spend more effort on manager training.

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems