Hitachi Data Systems

www.hds.com

Not bad, not great

Senior SQA Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsMy immediate manager and their peers are very professional, and even-keeled. Third level management (for my division, based in the UK) are nice enough. My team members are all pleasant, competent, and helpful. There doesn't seem to be any of the back-biting I've seen at some places.

ConsAlthough the UK based management are nice, they seem to be a tad out of touch with the "cube dwellers" here in the US. It could be attributed to a difference in cultures -- after all, Silicon Valley Engineers can be a touch..... "out there".
There have been some recent grumblings of discontent and several engineers have left due to dissatisfaction with recent executive project decisions. To be fair however, I feel management is putting forth a concerted effort to reverse the attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue your efforts to retain good people as the Valley's job market for engineers seems to be heating up. I'm not one to advocate that employees be coddled, but when folks feel their efforts are wasted they'll look for a place where they are appreciated. That lead to a lot of lost productivity and re-invention of the wheel.

business analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: co-workers are nice and friendly Cons: top management not care about employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great products and growing fast

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Results oriented with low emphasis on the details of how and when… Cons: More political than I would like. Managers are better at managing up than down.… Advice to Senior Management: Great leadership at the senior management level. Good communication about big picture. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hitachi Data Systems.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!