There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Lead Project Analyst  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Lead Project Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

They allowed their employees autonomy while giving them the tools to do their job.

Cons

None I can think of. Would consider working for them again.

None. Continue trusting in your workers.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems (View Most Recent)

I wish they appreciated employees

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

i get a paycheck better than unemployed.

Cons

no payraises. work life balance is terrible. I was acutally told that i had to check email and have my phone with me while on vacation no exceptions.In my jos i am REQUIRED to work virtually EVERYDAY. I will leave as soon as i can,

Treat people as though they matter and give internal candidates the opportunity to move up instead of move out. they only way to move up in your career is to leave HDS.
    Ditch the quota based review system as you can only have certain %'s of employees rated highly.

Low and middle management are awful - dreadful review process

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very flexible work environment. OK to work from home or set your schedule as long as work gets done.

Cons

Employee managers are god awful. No people management skills. Only concern is sucking up to their bosses. Annual review process has little to do with your work and results are pre-determined by senior managers, so actual manager has little input except to deliver the bad news to the employee. Why a best place to work? Pay is okay. Work flexibility is great, and you see top management one or two days per month. Also, lousy travel and expense reimbursement policies - four levels of approvals to make a $200 down and back trip to another office.

Clean house of the low management. Promote them out of the company. Scrap the review process and replace it with something meaningful and accurate because the current system is neither!

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!