There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Great company that truly reflects it's core value

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having worked with HDS colleagues from over 40 countries, I find employees generally have a very high degree of honesty, integrity and a desire to help fellow colleagues. Good work/life balance and good benefits. Good transparency by executives. I have recommended HDS to close friends. This is a great company. I thought I would be here just a few years, but I really enjoy working for HDS.

Cons

Pay is ok, but could always be better.

Advice to Management

Maintain focus on core values, family/life balance as we continue grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

1. There is more about Hitachi that meets the eye.....

Current Employee - Senior Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hitachi Data Systems is a medium size company with the backing of a $119B Global Powerhouse. You can find the "startup" mentality with the support of a multibillion dollar corporation. You have the ability to greatly influence positives outcomes as well as to learn other areas outside of your core competencies. Last, the Japanese influence of respect and teamwork is something very unique at HDS (as well as other Hitachi companies). Such culture is something that it's becoming very rare in other companies

Cons

Slow approach to go to market in certain areas. Hitachi is known for quality of technology and service rather than on leading on feature/functions.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive the vision set a few years ago. Also, evaluate new business markets for potential investment opportunities.

Employes are fairly nice to work with... Upper management is another story.

Current Employee - Finance in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gym onsite, new cafe ( but mediocre food), health club reimbursement, friendly coworkers.

Cons

With the changes in management the past 6 years and setup of new processes the company has become somewhat inefficient...ironic. Many new employees lose motivation after seeing people complacent and just getting by. Upper Management preaches for lowering expenses in the townhall meetings, however they are exempt from this as they spend up to 10k one flight and get large sums of bonuses even when the company is not doing well. This had brought morale down significantly. Compensation for normal employees is below market. You are better off at a public company with stock options.

Advice to Management

Reward the good employees and provide career development and more promotions. If you are asking to lower expenses, please don't turn around the next day and travel 1st class expensing 5-10k on one flight. If you really want people to admire, trust and respect you... Take coach!!! And pool together your bonuses to reward good employees. You need to be humble like warren buffet and stop the corporate greed.