Hitachi Data Systems

www.hds.com
  www.hds.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems

Stepping stone to higher ground

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems

Pros

Pay was good.
Learned a lot of skills that helped me in my professional development. Thanks HDS.
My team had good people to work with.

Cons

Learned a lot of skills that helped me in my professional development, but there was no way my career would ever advance within the corporation. If you can put up with the politics and lack of respect displayed by management, then spend a couple of years there to gain skills.
Many people end up working on "sham" projects that makes the company appear to be on the up and up. These projects get shelved.

None. They wouldn't listen anyway so why bother.

297 Other Employee Reviews for Hitachi Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Some good people, good products, but management support was so so at best

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems

Pros

Strong group of employees, good product line and desirable place to work from a career perspective, lots of opportunity and easy transition into other Hitachi business. Competetive salaries and good locations. Company is open to transition and relocation if skillset is usefull.

Cons

Found that politics rules the roost. While management was saying one thing they were doing another, no backbone.. Little support from HR on issues pertaining to personal circumstances.

utilize your management team in better ways, focus on people management instead of politics when shuffling personnel.

Advancement of the "in" crowd

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems

Pros

Great benefits. Could be good for the right person, particularly for someone who likes working for a large corporation. Many layers of management.

Cons

Very "clique-ish". If you worked for one of the top management's "guys" (yes, pretty much all men), then you'll probably have decent opportunities. Otherwise, chances are you'll never go anywhere. It seemed that a few people got promoted again and again. I continually scratched my head trying to figure out how some very under-whelming people managed to get promotions. A large number of very competent employees never changed roles. There seemed to be very few good people managers.

Not much. I suppose that I'm jaded about working for a large company. Too much politics. Limited opportunities for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Hitachi Data Systems