There are newer employer reviews for Hobarama

It's not for everyone - can be fun if you have the right expectations!

I have been working at Hobarama

Pros

There is flexibility. The company is small -can be a part of a lot of things. This can be good and bad; depends on the day. Overall a good experience and learning a lot!

Cons

Management lines are sometimes blurred and direction changes daily which can be disruptive. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement; not a lot of layers. Mood changes recently wtih economy and a lot of pressure on sales.

Listen to your customers.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Hobarama (View Most Recent)

What I thought was a great company to work for turned into a nightmare!!!

Former Employee - Area Manager
    Former Employee - Area Manager

I worked at Hobarama

Pros

You have freedom to make your own schedue and build great relationships with your various distributors. It is a great product that has alot of potential if marketed and promoted properly.

Cons

The constant hounding for distributor orders. It does not speak well of your company when you have your sales reps begging for pallet orders. If your sales managers are executing in the field by opening up new accounts and getting the product on the shelves. What is the company going to do to get the consumer to walk into an account to specifically look for and purchase BAWLS? That is not the responsibility of your sales managers.

Get your head out of you behinds and swallow your pride. Listen to your sales force, the ones who are out in the field everyday and know what the retailers/consumers are looking for. Build better relationships with your distributors directly because the majority of them cannot stand you as a company. Sending out threatening emails to the entire sales force is not a good way to motivate them to sell your product. It wouldn't hurt to congratulate your sales managers on a job well done either. Look at the big picture and not just at who didn't order last month. I am amazed that you have been in business for 13 years because you do not have a clue.

THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hobarama

Pros

I have found that working at Hobarama is not different than any other work place in terms of daily BS, which in my view, it comes mostly from disgruntled and/or unhappy employees who blame anything and everyone else for their shortcomings, but themselves.

So far my employment at Hobarama has not being a horrible experience. While there is plenty of room for imprvement in varioius sectors, it is far better place than say...unemployment.

Cons

The only con I can think of is, you cannot run a company based on what mood you woke up in.

Pay attention to the "little" people.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobarama