Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com
  www.hobbylobby.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

I am very disppointed in the unreasonable job expectations.

Current Employee - Office Assistant
Current Employee - Office Assistant

I have been working at Hobby Lobby

Pros

The pay is good but I work my butt off for it so we are even Hobby Lobby.

Cons

unreasonable job expectations, no job satisfaction, unreliable co-workers,
I am pretty much disatisfied with Hobby Lobby. I started working for HL 1 year ago. I tried to apply for a lower position after 6 months because I do not like my current job and they said that I have not worked there long enough. I am stuck where I am at doing all the undesirable & grunt work. I have saved the company thousands of dollars by changing some simple offices proceduces and they reap the benefits. I did all the leg work to get the change made and when raises came around I did not see a significant raise or a bonus.They hire 1 person to do a 3 person job.

Create real positions where everyone has a job and it can be completed. Stop hiring employees to do your undesirable work.

452 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Hobby Lobby does not take care of its long term employees.

Current Employee - Full Time Employee
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee

I have been working at Hobby Lobby

Pros

Off Sunday. Have developed a few good friends with employees.Only work every other Saturday. Vacation pay. Cannot give any other reasons.

Cons

Hobby Lobby does not value its long term employees at all. You would think a raise sounds like a good thing... but it is not. NEW full-time hires have all been given $1.00 raises for the last three years in a row while emplyees who have been with HL for years are only getting minimum raises 25 to 50 cents. NEW employees are now within 25 cents of people who have been with HL for ten to fifteen years. New full timers make $13.00 per hour and long term emplyees are at $13.25 per hour and some of them are night managers who lock up the store every night and have great responsibilities.

I am given what are called "personal days" every year to be used for personal days that I may need off with pay. I cannot get paid for what I consider to be an emergency. The MANAGER of your store makes the decision if you can use your day as a personal day off and get paid. Nobody else. If your manager is a hearltess/uncaring perosn like ours is... you will not be paid.

HL considers itself to be a Christian company and many people there are good people. Ido not think the ownr (Mr Green) knows the amount of anger building up in his stores as he is sheltered from employees. He would not be happy...

ASK the employees to anonymously make comments about their specific store and specific issues and someone of authority needs to read them and respond. The new hires who have not shown themselves to be either dependable/hard-working/committed/ or honest... are over paid. Mr Green says the company is making tons of money and said lets pay the new people more but with no considertion for the long-term employees who really work hard. They have to wait for their annual review and then they are given minimal increases.
    EVERY company out there would want a dedicated employee... someone who knows their jopb and does it well. HL puts new hires over these employees in every way. They have taken a GREAT thing... (more money in someones pocket) and put it in the pockets of the wrong people. They have not thought this through and there is a hidden anger brewing thoughout the company... and the leaders of the company are silent.

fun place

Current Employee - Co-Manager
    Current Employee - Co-Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby

Pros

family balance and personal growth, good benefits, closed sundays

Cons

lot's of extra hard work, no support, they bring you in and make hobby lobby out to be an amazing company, but then they suck your life out of you, with wild demands and such

none