There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

It's a job.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Lubbock, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Decent pay for part time
-Made some new friends
-15% Discount
-Sundays off

Cons

-Part timers getting just as much hours as a full timer. I get about 35-38 hours a week after lunch is taken out.
-Sale signs confuse a lot of customers. Especially the fine print, causing them to get upset at you because they didn't read everything on the sign.
-Lack of scanners. Apparently we can afford iPads in each department to make ordering easier, but we can't afford scanners?
-Truck day. They shouldn't have to ask other employees to help with the truck. Especially if you closed the night before, then waking up at 5 isn't very fun.
-Lack of free time to yourself. Every once in awhile on the days I get out at 4 I'll have time to go see a movie or something, but after every day I normally just have time to come home, make dinner, clean, and sleep. Then on my day off I run around and do errands. There doesn't seem to be time to relax.
-A bit understaffed. I've been called over to fabrics for the past couple weeks to help out so that the dept head can order. I actually do like fabrics more than cashiering, but my manager doesn't seem to want to let me over there permanently.

Get your priorities straight. I understand that you want sales to go more smoothly, but I bet that scanners would be just as effective as iPads.
Make the sales signs more clear for customers. With most of our shops customers who are elderly, they don't seem to be able to read the fine print.
Make a better system for coupons. People keep trying to hop to different registers unnoticed. Unfortunately some of them get away with it because I don't have eyes on the back of my head while I check someone else out. Perhaps making different IP adresses for people's mobile devices so codes are different?

395 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Hobby Lobby Retailation/Don't Complain

Former Employee - Office Manager  in  Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Lombard, IL

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are off on Sundays, every other Saturday and you earn some coffee money

Cons

* Training or lack of training
    * Unprofessionalism
    * Bullying of Employees by Management

Treat people how you would want them to treat a member of your family. Know what your staff is doing, you make the schedule/daily look at it. Using other employees as informants only create a hostile enviroment for staff. If you can't handle the position you are in without becoimg a wack job, cr get on some med or.choose a new job. Mr. Green instead of shoving your values down your employees throats, (by your pending lawsuit), spend some money on POS this way your stores will run more efficently.

An Employee Review of the Hobby Lobby company

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay! Good benefits! Great place to work

Cons

Management varies so from store to store

Consistency, consistency, consistency

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!