Wonderful till new boss

Former Employee - CSM in Ballwin, MO
Former Employee - CSM in Ballwin, MO

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay nice people great company good benefits. High quality of products. The company respects its employees and customers.

Cons

The only cons for me were when you made s return it took forever and the last manager I had was horrible.

Advice to Management

Don't be such rude stuck up snobs and learn to listen to your employees. This is for Ballwin store # 359.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you have any self respect run far, far from this place!

Former Employee - Craft Designer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Craft Designer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Talented coworkers -Social work environment -Learn new techniques -Made some close friends **There is a 20 word minimum on for this section and I can only come up with 12.**

Cons

-Team leaders didn't bother to show up to my interview. -Told I was replaceable my very first day. -Team Leaders consistently lose projects/paperwork. -Team Leader makes a habit of talking to employees like they are small children. Very degrading. -Management is extremely suspicious. -Politically incorrect work environment. -Raises are a joke. And if you make "too much" you don't get one. -I worked there 6 months before my boss ever spoke to me. She also called me by the wrong name. -My boss also literally snapped her fingers at me because I wasn't moving fast enough. **This is just the tip of the iceberg**

Advice to Management

You run this department on fear. I can tell you with out a doubt that you are not liked or respected by your employees. You have no idea of the talent within your company because you are so afraid of losing control.

2. Good people

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large volume stores have good people and busy.

Cons

Unsure how corporate folks can number crunch and yet not show how stores can do all they push us to do in a limited amount of time and with limited payroll.

Advice to Management

If there could be more specific transition tools for those who transfer to different stores so we won't feel so a shock to the differences. Though Hobby Lobby's policies are the same everywhere, it is not practice all the same.