Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Ridiculous. Never Even going back to the Store.

Former Contractor - Custom Framer in Corpus Christi, TX
Former Contractor - Custom Framer in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Hobby Lobby as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Hour Long Lunch gives to a chance to escape the nonsense of the company for a little while.

I was happy to know a lot of the people hired soon quit, I wasnt the only one that had these opinions.

Cons

I worked in the framing department completing frame orders and doing freight as well as helping every other dept with things they had to get done but spent a lot of time in trouble because the frame orders were not getting done in time(because management would tell us to be helping elsewhere)
All freight must be put out on Mondays. This means 12 hour shifts for everyone lasting to as late as 3 AM.
Never Trained on Assigned Area. They make you figure it out yourself then yell at you when you do it incorrectly.
Management gets out of control angry, literally throwing things around.
Once you are done in your own department, you must help other dept. until they let you leave for the night. Store closes at 8, leave at the earliest 11. On a lucky day...
You may only use your 15% off employee discount on regular priced items, its more logical to wait for things that go on sale. They give the public a better discount than that.
Other employees are RUDE!
No weekends off.
You must close at least 3 nights a week.
The schedule will often fall to where you are at the store 2-close(2AM) and must be back at 7AM and stay til 5.
PART TIME/Seasonal job- Worked over 40 hours a week weekly but not getting benefits for it. Forced to work national holidays(New years) and DO NOT GET HOLIDAY PAY!

Treat the employees as if they have value, maybe more of them would stay longer. Look into training your dept lead on how to teach new employees. They are rude and going about it the wrong way. 2AM is Extreme. That is SIX hours after close. There should be a limit on how late management can keep employees there. If you need people there that late, Hire a night shift that are willing to be there at that hour.

502 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Retail hell at its best...

Former Employee - Warehouse in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Lombard, IL

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A lot of cool stuff for sale.

Cons

Terrible management
    Low salary
    Terrible working conditions

Wonderful till new boss

Former Employee - CSM in Ballwin, MO
    Former Employee - CSM in Ballwin, MO

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay nice people great company good benefits. High quality of products. The company respects its employees and customers.

Cons

The only cons for me were when you made s return it took forever and the last manager I had was horrible.

Don't be such rude stuck up snobs and learn to listen to your employees. This is for Ballwin store # 359.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby