Hobby Lobby
www.hobbylobby.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Ridiculous. Never Even going back to the Store.

Custom Framer (Former Employee)
Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Hobby Lobby as a contractor for less than a year

ProsHour Long Lunch gives to a chance to escape the nonsense of the company for a little while.

I was happy to know a lot of the people hired soon quit, I wasnt the only one that had these opinions.

ConsI worked in the framing department completing frame orders and doing freight as well as helping every other dept with things they had to get done but spent a lot of time in trouble because the frame orders were not getting done in time(because management would tell us to be helping elsewhere)
All freight must be put out on Mondays. This means 12 hour shifts for everyone lasting to as late as 3 AM.
Never Trained on Assigned Area. They make you figure it out yourself then yell at you when you do it incorrectly.
Management gets out of control angry, literally throwing things around.
Once you are done in your own department, you must help other dept. until they let you leave for the night. Store closes at 8, leave at the earliest 11. On a lucky day...
You may only use your 15% off employee discount on regular priced items, its more logical to wait for things that go on sale. They give the public a better discount than that.
Other employees are RUDE!
No weekends off.
You must close at least 3 nights a week.
The schedule will often fall to where you are at the store 2-close(2AM) and must be back at 7AM and stay til 5.
PART TIME/Seasonal job- Worked over 40 hours a week weekly but not getting benefits for it. Forced to work national holidays(New years) and DO NOT GET HOLIDAY PAY!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees as if they have value, maybe more of them would stay longer. Look into training your dept lead on how to teach new employees. They are rude and going about it the wrong way. 2AM is Extreme. That is SIX hours after close. There should be a limit on how late management can keep employees there. If you need people there that late, Hire a night shift that are willing to be there at that hour.

No professionalism

Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Hobby Lobby

Pros: Co-workers are fun and have beome friends with… Cons: Manager has no respect for employees payrae or any thing else. . Talk to customers like dogs. … Advice to Senior Management: District managers really need to. Look at their managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you have any self respect run far, far from this place!

Craft Designer (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Talented coworkers -Social work environment -Learn new techniques -Made some close friends **There is a 20 word… Cons: -Team leaders didn't bother to show up to my interview. -Told I was replaceable my very first day. -Team Leaders consistently lose projects/paperwork. -Team Leader makes a habit… Advice to Senior Management: You run this department on fear. I can tell you with out a doubt that you are not liked or respected… More

There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hobby Lobby CEO David Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees.