Hobby Lobby

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

I love this company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager
Current Employee - Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Hobby Lobby for almost 4 and a half years and love it!

- The company treats their employees well and the pay is great.
- The hours are wonderful, especially for students! 9am to 8pm Mon-Sat (Closed on Sundays)
- We only change our hours the two days after Thanksgiving during the holidays (Fri & Sat: 8am to 9pm) because HL understands that while a profit is important, their employees are MORE important!
- Always being off on Sundays is one of the best benefits!
- Hobby Lobby has values and stands up for what they believe in!
- This company has continued to grow and expand to over 500 stores even through the recession... that has to tell you something about how well it's doing.
- The Green family blesses others with the money they have earned and donate it to a variety of charities.
- There is definitely an opportunity for growth. I started as a Cashier and was promoted to the Customer Service Manager.

While I understand that this company is not for everyone, I have definitely been blessed by my experiences working for Hobby Lobby and would definitely recommend it to a friend. I definitely see myself staying with Hobby Lobby for a few more years.

Cons

- The technology is a bit older, but they are working on that.

For me, it's really hard to come up with cons. I know it definitely depends on the store you work at, the management at the store, and how hard you work at your job.

Just as you've been doing, keep God at the center of your company, and you will continue to be blessed! I am proud to work for and represent your company! Thank you for providing me with a job!

495 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Great place to work as far as retail is concerned.

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Off on Sundays. Great pay for retail.

Cons

Cashiering and maintaining a department at the same time.

Need to weed out the negativity going on amongst the staff. Need better motivation on some of the department heads.

Management is a joke at this store

Former Employee - Custom Framer
    Former Employee - Custom Framer

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, decent pay compared to other retail stores, most of the customers were friendly and courteous

Cons

Was hired as a part-timer, but always worked full-time hours minus the benefits, 45 minute lunch when working 9 to 10 hour days

Stop the micro-management!