Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com

Cashier

Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsI loved the Christian music that was played in the store. Also beautiful items all around to remind all about our God. Many very kind and very hard working coworkers. Management tried to schedule employees requesting time off. Sundays off was a fantastic relief to know I could go to my church and worship The Lord.

ConsNo breaks to get even a sip of water or bathroom privileges if any kind of line. Many times I worked 6 hours or more at the register and was denied these simple requests. Register very confusing with out dated equipment so no scanner to ensure correct pricing in all of the products sold. Many times I would have to enter 4 different keys to enter department, category,percentage off, and the seasonal category for each and every item. I believe this is why lines form in the first place. Employees fearful of complaining in any way for job security. Schedule changed weekly. Many times I did not know until a few days before I had to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut new hires in the different departments at least for a week to understand the departments and where items are located to insure proper register pricing. Have some kind of system that employees could vocalize best practices to make the store run more efficiently and retain more productive and happy workers Even management was fearful of angering district manager if store was not "perfect". Too much fear from all levels of job stability.

Good Company

Cashier (Former Employee) Lafayette, IN

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for more than a year

Pros: Hobby Lobby is a very good company that starts off both part time workers and full time workers excellent wages high above minimum wage. … Cons: A lot of work by hand. This includes inventory, ordering items and of course entering the items on the cash registers. This is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unpredictable stress, did not stick with company morals

SALES CLERK (Former Employee) Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for less than a year

Pros: Sundays off. that's really about it. Cons: No communication from management in regards to what your position entails. No hierarchy, many managers tell you different things on how to complete one task.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!