Hobby Lobby
www.hobbylobby.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Cashier

Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsI loved the Christian music that was played in the store. Also beautiful items all around to remind all about our God. Many very kind and very hard working coworkers. Management tried to schedule employees requesting time off. Sundays off was a fantastic relief to know I could go to my church and worship The Lord.

ConsNo breaks to get even a sip of water or bathroom privileges if any kind of line. Many times I worked 6 hours or more at the register and was denied these simple requests. Register very confusing with out dated equipment so no scanner to ensure correct pricing in all of the products sold. Many times I would have to enter 4 different keys to enter department, category,percentage off, and the seasonal category for each and every item. I believe this is why lines form in the first place. Employees fearful of complaining in any way for job security. Schedule changed weekly. Many times I did not know until a few days before I had to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut new hires in the different departments at least for a week to understand the departments and where items are located to insure proper register pricing. Have some kind of system that employees could vocalize best practices to make the store run more efficiently and retain more productive and happy workers Even management was fearful of angering district manager if store was not "perfect". Too much fear from all levels of job stability.

Customer Service

Senior Warehouse Personnel (Current Employee)
    Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 15% off all items we buy. Great starting pay when you make full time. Good… Cons: The downside is when the months are slow and sales are not high we feel it in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

long and egrading

Department Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: they pay well... I have been there a long time… Cons: Poor management! It has become more and more apparent they do not truly care on the human level. We had a fantastic store manager when… Advice to Senior Management: All levels of management should be required human relations classes and pass personality tests before receiving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hobby Lobby CEO David Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees.