Hobby Lobby

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Working at Hobby Lobby as a Cashier

Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is helpful and care about personal time. They try to respect each employee and make clear their expectations.

Cons

Nothing is electronically cataloged. Everything has to be counted and sorted by hand. It also gets extremely busy and being a department head/cashier makes your job harder

470 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Customer Service

Current Employee - Senior Warehouse Personnel in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Warehouse Personnel in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

15% off all items we buy. Great starting pay when you make full time. Good managers to work for. We all become one big family, we care about each other.

Cons

The downside is when the months are slow and sales are not high we feel it in the hours that are giving to us to work. They are low but not for too long of time.

long and egrading

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

they pay well... I have been there a long time and our team has become like a family

Cons

Poor management! It has become more and more apparent they do not truly care on the human level. We had a fantastic store manager when the store opened, he was there for many years but as the corporate level of management became less humane he chose retirement. We have had several managers since, each worse than the last. We are no longer allowed opinions on any level and if you speak up you are punished by scheduling, we earn personal paid time that we have been told we can't use without a doctors note, sometimes not even then. It has become a dictatorship. When we made attempts to go to corporate about the issues we were ignored or embarrassed by being called out in front of others. They have the fact they are christian posted every where and that we are closed to allow time for worship and family on sundays yet we have received trucks on sunday and had to work and now are required to study the sale ad to pass a test monday morning before open. They also brag about their high wages( on the national news and posted on the front door) but they don't tell you that it is a set rate for all employees, the guy who goofs off all day gets paid the same as the guy busting their butt to get things done, not great incentive. I cannot afford to quit due to the High rate of pay but I am more miserable everyday.

All levels of management should be required human relations classes and pass personality tests before receiving their gold name tag. Remeber that without people you cannot run a business, that includes your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby