There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Great place to be a cashier

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you show initiative and try to do well at your job, there are decent opportunities for advancement. I started as a part time employee and, though I ended up leaving for a better offer before I made full time, I stood a very good chance of getting it within 6 months of my start date. The general atmosphere is very pleasant, friendly, and team oriented, my coworkers were awesome, and the new shipments of merchandise were fun to go through. The pay was good for a cashier position and having Sundays off and no super-late shifts was really nice. I was more content there than anywhere else I'd worked at and, had I not gotten that offer, I would have happily stayed for a while longer.

Cons

It's retail, so expect odd hours, the occasional irritating customer, and your weekly hours to fluctuate depending on the season. I was told when I was hired that I would have every other Saturday off, but that didn't happen.

431 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

left me with a bad feeling about the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there were some good people that worked there, but very clicky.

Cons

never felt like the company realy cared about the employees

Christian Craft Store

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time

Pros

Closed on Sunday, so employees are assured that day off. 15% Employee discount. The work environment felt "honest". Co-workers were extremely skilled in the Frame, Art and Textile departments. Creative joy helping customers address projects.

Cons

Hobby Lobby did not offer benefits except the 15% discount to PT employees. I can not comment on full time benefits. The overall workforce including the store manager had a repressed film like a cloudy day.

They throw away a mind-blowing amount of matt board! Management did not care about the waste!

It is interesting that in my observation; they all looked exactly alike- Hobby Lobby regional and/or corporate visitors--- White male, middle aged, not of athletic build, greying short hair, pressed long sleeve shirt, tie and never friendly looking.

Department Manager in Fine Art earned $10.00 hr. New hire Professional Picture Framer earned $7.50-$8.00 hr.

The bathroom always had a plumbing issue.

Please donate matt board to schools and organizations who will use them, or package it and sell as bulk (as you do the custom frames). The waste could be used by school art departments right in town, your future customers.

Consider raising wages to ABOVE a living wage. Take time to notice that you have good employees, look at the cashiers, fabric cutters, framers, stockers. I was sad to see my paycheck.

Hire an actor if you must to pose as corporate with a sparkle in his/her eye and a smile to pass through all the stores to add the missing link.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby