Hobby Lobby
www.hobbylobby.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Great place to be a cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for less than a year

ProsIf you show initiative and try to do well at your job, there are decent opportunities for advancement. I started as a part time employee and, though I ended up leaving for a better offer before I made full time, I stood a very good chance of getting it within 6 months of my start date. The general atmosphere is very pleasant, friendly, and team oriented, my coworkers were awesome, and the new shipments of merchandise were fun to go through. The pay was good for a cashier position and having Sundays off and no super-late shifts was really nice. I was more content there than anywhere else I'd worked at and, had I not gotten that offer, I would have happily stayed for a while longer.

ConsIt's retail, so expect odd hours, the occasional irritating customer, and your weekly hours to fluctuate depending on the season. I was told when I was hired that I would have every other Saturday off, but that didn't happen.

I really needed a job.

Department Head (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great hours for retail. Decent pay. Decent benefits. Cons: Rarely work 40 hours a week. Rarely two days off… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

left me with a bad feeling about the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: there were some good people that worked there, but very… Cons: never felt like the company realy cared about the employees More

There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hobby Lobby CEO David Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees.