Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com

Christian Craft Store

Pros

Closed on Sunday, so employees are assured that day off. 15% Employee discount. The work environment felt "honest". Co-workers were extremely skilled in the Frame, Art and Textile departments. Creative joy helping customers address projects.

Cons

Hobby Lobby did not offer benefits except the 15% discount to PT employees. I can not comment on full time benefits. The overall workforce including the store manager had a repressed film like a cloudy day.

They throw away a mind-blowing amount of matt board! Management did not care about the waste!

It is interesting that in my observation; they all looked exactly alike- Hobby Lobby regional and/or corporate visitors--- White male, middle aged, not of athletic build, greying short hair, pressed long sleeve shirt, tie and never friendly looking.

Department Manager in Fine Art earned $10.00 hr. New hire Professional Picture Framer earned $7.50-$8.00 hr.

The bathroom always had a plumbing issue.

Please donate matt board to schools and organizations who will use them, or package it and sell as bulk (as you do the custom frames). The waste could be used by school art departments right in town, your future customers.

Consider raising wages to ABOVE a living wage. Take time to notice that you have good employees, look at the cashiers, fabric cutters, framers, stockers. I was sad to see my paycheck.

Hire an actor if you must to pose as corporate with a sparkle in his/her eye and a smile to pass through all the stores to add the missing link.

Other reviews for Hobby Lobby

Co Manager Hours- Not worth it

Former Employee - Co Manager  in  Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Co Manager in Warwick, RI

Pros

Great company to work for, easy to advance, work can be fun.

Cons

The hours they expect out of the Co Managers is too much. I was drawn to Hobby Lobby because of their Christian values, which I admire and respect. Unfortunately, I was working 60+ hours a week, and did not have the time to spend with my family. This put a big strain on my family life, therefore I had to quit. I would still be working for them had I had a schedule of 45 hrs. This is the only downfall of the company that I experienced. Although we got every Sunday off, I was too tired to do anything.

Please take a hard look at the hours the co managers have to work. Sixty hours a week puts a huge strain on our family lives, and as a Christian Company, I'm sure that you can appreciate the value of family time. Hobby Lobby is otherwise a wonderful company to work for.

Working at Hobby Lobby as a Cashier

Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Department Head/Cashier in Plano, TX

Pros

Management is helpful and care about personal time. They try to respect each employee and make clear their expectations.

Cons

Nothing is electronically cataloged. Everything has to be counted and sorted by hand. It also gets extremely busy and being a department head/cashier makes your job harder

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!