Hobby Lobby
www.hobbylobby.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

"Christian" company? What church do they go to?

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, Sundays off, store closes at 8 so you get out earlier than other stores.

ConsThe management is taught that their employees are "cogs in the machine", nothing more. They care absolutely nothing about you as a human being. You are worked like a dog (my last day I was on my hands and knees scrubbing baseboards!), you are given 6 tasks to do at once, they all have to be done yesterday, and you can forget about getting a simple word of encouragement. Thank God I'm out of there.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are people. We have lives outside of Hobby Lobby. You can't run 500+ stores without us. At least pretend like we're valuable to you.

Customer Service

Senior Warehouse Personnel (Current Employee)
    Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 15% off all items we buy. Great starting pay when you make full time. Good… Cons: The downside is when the months are slow and sales are not high we feel it in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cashier

Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for less than a year

Pros: I loved the Christian music that was played in the store. Also beautiful items all around to remind all about our God. Many very kind… Cons: No breaks to get even a sip of water or bathroom privileges if any kind of line. Many times I worked 6 hours or more… Advice to Senior Management: Put new hires in the different departments at least for a week to understand the departments and where items are located to insure proper… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hobby Lobby CEO David Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees.