Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com
  www.hobbylobby.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Not a bad job for college

Former Employee - Stockman, Framing Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Stockman, Framing Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Management will depend on your store, I had fair managers with a good sense of humor.
-Very flexible, willing to work around classes or time off without penalty.
-Will cross-train employees in the areas they think they could manage
-Great co-workers, very willing to help if you don't know something.

Cons

-Training mainly consists of on-the-job training and some videos, you aren't taught much about anything outside your department unless you go figure it out.
-You get a wide variety of customers, be prepared for attitudes to run the gamut as well.
-Frame shop workers' sales were kept track of when I left, if you don't up-sell custom frames, you won't stay there long.
-Cashiers have to work with a manual system, knowing what sales are on that week and applying the discounts as necessary, this can be a problem for back-up cashiers.
-It's retail, you will have customers yelling at you or giving you an attitude because they've been piled-up in line for too long.

Some time for actual training in all departments would help employees rapidly assist customers. Upgrade from the manual cashiering system, it's window dressing that is unnecessary.

436 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Buyer

Current Employee - Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Christian environment, Great people to work around, Pay is excellent as well as the benefits. If you want to work for a company who's owner and mgt truly cares about the emopoyees or, you just want to work in a Christian environment then, I don't know of a better company. Hobby Lobby has raised the min wage to $13 hour for any full time employee and, has given me a great raise every year.

Cons

store Mgr's have to work a lot of hours

you are the best, keep following God's plan for this company.

Good for a while, but no real opportunities to show excellence.

Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome products, and plenty of customers with money to spend on hobbies crafts and other such things. Christian owned, beautiful stores with top of the line retail equipment that always works!

Cons

Hours are non existent, so goes the pay. CEO David Green is getting pinched with political issues and fines therefore employees are feeling it right along with him, which makes for a lot of job security questions. No chance of advancement in a business going under. Middle management is abandoning ship with no replacements. So hourly employees are expected to do double the work load with a third of the hours.

I believe you have very smart, hardworking employees that love the job and find happiness in the simplicity of helping people. Values are very important, and at some point we are all tested on them. Stand up for them, share them. Please, don't use our God as a platform to fight the health care bill. Personal choice is still personal choice, and most, if not all, of us are intelligent enough to choose what is right by Gods' word.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby