Hobby Lobby
www.hobbylobby.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Hard to believe Hobby Lobby is a Christian company

Co-Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than a year

ProsDisappointed to say that the only "pro" that comes to mind is that HL is closed on Sundays.

ConsUpper management consistently demonstrates attitudes and behavior that is not only unprofessional, but anything but Christ-like. Belittling and berating employees while customers shop is not only unprofessional, but totally against all of the teachings of Jesus Christ. While HL professes to be a Christian company, I have yet to see anyone display qualities that Christians should exemplify. I've seen a near temper tantrum from a district supervisor while in the store with customers shopping. Hard work is not enough for HL. They want 70 hour weeks and do not care if you have a family. If you want to have a life outside of work, HL is not for you. No appreciation for long hours and total dedication to your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Green needs to be aware of the un-Christ like, hateful people that he has hired to manage his company. Worked in management for 20+ years and never dealt with such nonsense until working for Hobby Lobby.

Good for a while, but no real opportunities to show excellence.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time for more than a year

Pros: Awesome products, and plenty of customers with money to spend on hobbies crafts and other… Cons: Hours are non existent, so goes the pay. CEO David Green is getting pinched with political issues and fines therefore employees are feeling it right… Advice to Senior Management: I believe you have very smart, hardworking employees that love the job and find happiness in the simplicity of helping people. Values are very important,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

left me with a bad feeling about the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: there were some good people that worked there, but very… Cons: never felt like the company realy cared about the employees More

There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hobby Lobby CEO David Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees.