Hobby Lobby
www.hobbylobby.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Good for a while, but no real opportunities to show excellence.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

ProsAwesome products, and plenty of customers with money to spend on hobbies crafts and other such things. Christian owned, beautiful stores with top of the line retail equipment that always works!

ConsHours are non existent, so goes the pay. CEO David Green is getting pinched with political issues and fines therefore employees are feeling it right along with him, which makes for a lot of job security questions. No chance of advancement in a business going under. Middle management is abandoning ship with no replacements. So hourly employees are expected to do double the work load with a third of the hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe you have very smart, hardworking employees that love the job and find happiness in the simplicity of helping people. Values are very important, and at some point we are all tested on them. Stand up for them, share them. Please, don't use our God as a platform to fight the health care bill. Personal choice is still personal choice, and most, if not all, of us are intelligent enough to choose what is right by Gods' word.

Great place to be a cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for less than a year

Pros: If you show initiative and try to do well at your job, there are decent opportunities for advancement. I started as a part time employee… Cons: It's retail, so expect odd hours, the occasional irritating customer, and your weekly hours to fluctuate depending on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

left me with a bad feeling about the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: there were some good people that worked there, but very… Cons: never felt like the company realy cared about the employees More
There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hobby Lobby CEO David Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees.