Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com

Good for a while, but no real opportunities to show excellence.

Cashier (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsAwesome products, and plenty of customers with money to spend on hobbies crafts and other such things. Christian owned, beautiful stores with top of the line retail equipment that always works!

ConsHours are non existent, so goes the pay. CEO David Green is getting pinched with political issues and fines therefore employees are feeling it right along with him, which makes for a lot of job security questions. No chance of advancement in a business going under. Middle management is abandoning ship with no replacements. So hourly employees are expected to do double the work load with a third of the hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe you have very smart, hardworking employees that love the job and find happiness in the simplicity of helping people. Values are very important, and at some point we are all tested on them. Stand up for them, share them. Please, don't use our God as a platform to fight the health care bill. Personal choice is still personal choice, and most, if not all, of us are intelligent enough to choose what is right by Gods' word.

Hard to believe Hobby Lobby is a Christian company

Co-Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for more than a year

Pros: Disappointed to say that the only "pro" that comes to… Cons: Upper management consistently demonstrates attitudes and behavior that is not only unprofessional, but anything but Christ-like. Belittling and berating employees while customers shop is… Advice to Senior Management: Mr. Green needs to be aware of the un-Christ like, hateful people that he has hired to manage his… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to be a cashier

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for less than a year

Pros: If you show initiative and try to do well at your job, there are decent opportunities for advancement. I started as a part time employee… Cons: It's retail, so expect odd hours, the occasional irritating customer, and your weekly hours to fluctuate depending on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!