Hobby Lobby

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Love Hob Lob. It's awesome

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time

Pros

I love Hobby Lobby to death. The hours are great.

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

You will need to work hard on the floor.

498 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

Worst place that I've ever worked at

Former Employee - Scrapbooking in Millard, NE
    Former Employee - Scrapbooking in Millard, NE

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, discounts (not very much)

Cons

35 hours is NOT full time, the manager I worked for was a complete waste of space, grumpy, and selfish old man. I was hired for scrapbooking full time and I ended up being stationed in the bathrooms to clean every night. He handed me a razor blade, gloves and lysol to SCRAPE the bottom of the urinals in the bathroom. Then proceeded to yell at me and tell me that I don't understand the workings of my own department like inventory and ordering because I was always cleaning the bathrooms. It got to the point where I wouldn't clean the bathrooms and just empty the trash. Then it just boiled down to me throwing off my gloves and saying I will not touch another bathroom while I am here. I am not a janitor, if you want one hire one. And then he made ridiculous claims on my record that I wouldn't show up for work (which didn't stand up because they saw my clock in number whenever I was scheduled to work) and that he also stated I refused to do my job. One time on a sunday night, we had a horrible rainstorm that the roof leaked all night long. HUGE piles of water everywhere. I came in with about 12 other people and he singled me out to mop it up. Then proceeded to tell me that my mopping skills were not up to his standards and took me up to his office to write me up - which I refused to sign. All this happened in 3 months. Worst place to work EVER.

My advice would be to get in there and have a serious talk between every employee and how they feel at their store - no strings attached. If they feel the manager is a complete jerk, then he should be let go. If they believe another employee is not working up to their standards - fire them.

I love this company and all it stands for!

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Biblically based company
    Competitive pay
    Good benefits
    Lots of growth opportunity
    I love that I can work in retail and still have Sundays off to go to church and spend time with my family!

Cons

Everyone works at Hobby Lobby. If you are lazy or just looking for a place to coast and grab a paycheck, then this is NOT your place.

All the DM's and RVP's came up through the ranks. Remember what it's like to be the new kid.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby