Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com
  www.hobbylobby.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Best job Ive ever had, Amazing pay that raises each year, Wonderful Co workers, Best starting pay in town.

Current Employee - All Around Store Employee in Prescott Valley, AZ
Current Employee - All Around Store Employee in Prescott Valley, AZ

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They raise their minimum wage every year, $1 for Full Time People and 50 cents for part time. Right now the current rate is $14 hr starting for full time and $9.50 starting for part time.

They truly know how to take care of their employees and they always work around your schedule. At my store they even help you find second jobs if you need them and they raise your hours.

Cons

There are absolutely no downsides to Hobby Lobby, unless you aren't religious....but if you aren't then Hobby Lobby probably isn't somewhere you are going to apply at anyway.

Upper management needs to be better about getting back ahold of their employees when they make complaints. Especially when they make complaints about their managers...Other than that they are great too.

452 Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby (View Most Recent)

BIG disconnect from corporate office to store level, christian company no so much!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Full time hourly (excluding assistant manager) great pay, close Sundays.

Cons

Where to Start: Discriminatory practices, so old school I'm surprised our freight doesn't come in by horse and wagon, no room for growth mainly for women and minorities, poor upper management they could benefit from some classes, egos egos egos mainly store managers, DM's, work hard not smart is the Hobby Lobby way (no one is ever on the same page)! Preach about family time but you see little of it once your in management, some many rude "christian" customers, long hours for managers (really long) and that's before the six day a week rule kicks in, rules in place from people whom haven't work at store level in YEARS so to them everything is easy and shouldn't take long to do! Give store managers to much power without any accountability for there actions, your best is never good enough, slave labor comes to mind when I think about truck day... everyday is a truck day is seem like! Store manager gets all the bonus but hardly does any of the work, nature of the beast utilize your best workers but the Hobby Lobby way beat the hell out of them cut there hours and treat them like crap to show them how much they are appreciated because at the end of the day if the hourly don't do it the managers will have to stay and do the work of 10 people before they can leave the store and by management I mean co's and assistants, I could go on and on...

The people that love working for this company either work at corporate office (heaven), are die hard lead blindly "Christians" and faithful follower of David Green and not Christ himself or have no and I mean no responsibility to speak at the store they work for so they are truly invisible and have no need for a negative opinion when they go unacknowledged on a daily bases no wonder their work day is easy breezy beautiful!

Hobby Lobby has a lawsuit waiting to happen and at the end of the day the Greens I feel, hide behind their religion so they can get the good ole "Christian" folk to shop there stores but trust me David Green is all about his bottom line so he can keep is billions in the bank!

Corporate office (the Greens) need to get a clue (but of course they won't until the money stop rolling in)! If your looking to work as a manager don't, go find a job anywhere else you'll thank me later! If your looking to make $14.00 bucks a hour and be treat like crap on the bottom of the store manager & DM's shoe come and join us...

Please save me

Current Employee - Crafts
    Current Employee - Crafts

I have been working at Hobby Lobby part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work around school pretty well. Pay rate of $9.50 for part time and $14 for full time. Sundays off. 15% Discount.

Cons

Everything pretty much!

-Favoritism
    -Not promoting within so you will never get full-time unless someone dies
    -Too much work and not enough time
    -Cliques get encouraged
    -Pay increased but no help in store
    -Hostile work environment
    -Cashiers not being trained properly and failing the cashier audit, instead of fixing issues letting them work the floor
    -Getting verbal complaints from customers nonstop on register
    -Morale has been an all time low after pay increase
    -Unstable hours
    -Refuse to pay overtime if you are a FTE
    -Forced to use PPTO when they tell you not to unless an emergency
    -Force people to work off the clock depending on your hours and are threatened to get written up if the project isn't done
    -9 to 10 hour shifts with just a paid 15 minute break if lucky and an unpaid 30 minute lunch

Those are the top issues at the moment.

It doesn't matter how much you increase pay, customer service complaints will increase since you are not letting stores be staffed properly. Maybe you should go into some of stores and work undercover to see what we deal with, so things can get fixed. I am sure my store isn't the only store were morale has taken a huge hit lately. Let the battle with the Supreme Court die already or you will eventually destroy your business in the next few years.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby