Hobby Lobby

www.hobbylobby.com

Store Manager

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany does not have true planograms so if your a merchant you will love it. Variety of customers and associates since many associates love working there for their love of hobbies. Not a lot of guidelines for number of hours to be used in each dept so you have more control over schedule.

ConsRetail basics - never enough help to keep up. Lots of physical work even for store manager. Trucks are all hand unload by store manager and co manager. Long days on manager close usually 7 am to 9 pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management have never managed a store under current hourly constrants 10 yrs ago they had twice the help but company is more in line with most retail now. Bring some current successfull ideas to management teams that need your help.

I'm a Refund Jockey

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time for less than a year

Pros: We sell awesome stuff and have many great employees to… Cons: I work about 6 minutes and then get called to approve countless refunds all day… Advice to Senior Management: Poll the refund count at stores and allow stores to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a typical retail setting.

Certified Custom Framer (Former Employee) Logan, UT

I worked at Hobby Lobby part-time for more than a year

Pros: Closed Sundays and most holidays. Also doesn't open until 10 and closes at 9. Large company… Cons: You realize quickly that the quality of merchandise is not very good. Not very challenging you can get bored fast and often. The… Advice to Senior Management: The sales are confusing to employees and customers. Sometimes it caused disputes in lines. Why do items still need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hobby Lobby.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!