There are newer employer reviews for Hobby Lobby

Only Christian and family based until it affects the bottom line. Successfully fooled most of the purchasing public.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Closed Sundays..( this doesn't mean we don't work Sundays).

Cons

Understaffed, many poorly designed systems from freight processing to accounting, low salaries comparatively, no work life balance, Biggest opportunity is no true perception by owners of life at store level. Many managers very dissatisfied with expectations and having to work Sundays and 70 to 80 hours per week to stay on top of projects.

Advice to Management

Culture and atmosphere has greatly declined in my time with the company. I have spoken to SMs around the country in the last few months only to find it is the same everywhere. Consider a feedback system for improvement ideas or a position that monitors all Project and Action memos along with Relays and freight levels being sent to the stores with the completion expectation times being nearly unattainable without working massive amounts of hours to include Sundays.

Other Employee Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Time for the owners to atone. It's going to take a long while.

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was average, but very low when you factor in 70 - 120 hour weeks. No, I'm not kidding.

Cons

It is so disappointing listening to what customers think HL is really like. Back up 18 spaces and add EL. My 3 Managers that I worked for were all major alcoholics. Your DM states that they don't care how many days you work straight through, yes, like 72+ hours straight. Everyone else gets to go home though because they are hourly.

Advice to Management

Get a mirror. Look into it. Pray out loud. Don't look away. Get out of retail. Go to church and atone. What you have done to your employees goes so far beyond Sin.

Terrible experience

Current Employee - Co Manager in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Co Manager in Odessa, TX

I have been working at Hobby Lobby full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your lucky and staffed....every other weekend off.

Cons

Long...long..hours....80 a week average, lots of hours, way too many hours a week, no life.

Advice to Management

Get more managers...stop the multiple open to close shifts