Hobsons

www.hobsons.com

Easy to get marginalized there

Support Department (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe people here are great one of the only big highlights of working here

Cons1) Low ball salaries. The HQ is based in Cincinnati but have offices in much more expensive areas- Arlington, VA and Oakland, CA. They base the salaries off of the Cincy market.
2) Limited growth opportunities even though the company claims to be growing.
3) They solicit feedback from their employees but when it is something Management doesn't agree with they label people as difficult and any limited growth ops are even fewer.
4) Internal hiring is shady at times. Will post jobs on their intranet and the same day be at the interviewing stage. Most hiring managers don't extend the courtesy of keeping internal applicants up to date on where they are in the process.
5) Tend to favor women and minorities in their hiring practices.
6) Value sales and management above everyone else.
7) Can be very clique-y depending on your department.
8) Very youth oriented 20-30 year olds are the norm here.

Advice to Senior ManagementWay too many mandatory company meetings that don't pertain to most peoples work.
As the old adage goes "Too many chiefs not enough Indians"
Too focused on reorgs and acquiring new companies
Many people believe management is out of touch with the regular worker
I suggest management reviews themselves more critically as there are some individuals who need to move on.

Solution Sales Executive

Solution Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hobsons full-time for more than a year

Pros: Hobsons is a great company with a strong product suite. The team is innovative, hard working and fun. I was particularly impressed with the international… Cons: During my tenure, I would have liked to have seen faster… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Products, Services

Account Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hobsons full-time for more than a year

Pros: Time off, Fun - Work Hard, Play Hard Organization. Decent… Cons: Sales Goal increases are to aggressive. Lack of advancement… Advice to Senior Management: Help employees advance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hobsons.

Worked for Hobsons? Contribute to the Community!