There are newer employer reviews for Hobsons

Middle management is extremely immature

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Hobsons full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues are okay to work with

Cons

Engineering management in Arlington is extremely immature. In fact I can go to the length of saying that there are discriminatory practices (based on race and ethnicity). Everyone knows this, however as you know that the brunt of it is faced by only a few. Good people left the company because of such practices

I don't know what to say as you wouldn't fire the middle management and they will continue effing up the company in time

reviews filtered by
  1. On its way down so brace yourself

I worked at Hobsons full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, lots of vacation specially in Dec, very talented people, pay is fair, you can debate and cus your way to the top.

Cons

The product is very outdated and its a matter of time until a new product takes over the industry, micro management, very high turnover, hard to innovate, band-aid projects, micro management.

Too much bureaucracy and all talk. There are a lot of "we are going to do this, we are going to do that." You have very talented people who are sitting ducks. Capitalize on them, invest on them, take the plunge and execute.

2. Lots of ups and downs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hobsons full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people
    Casual dress
    Flex hours
    Work from home for some positions

Cons

no room to move up
    products use old technologies and management is afraid of really redeveloping
    innovative thinking is rewarded with lip service but there is a fear of following through with it
    pay is less than industry standard on some teams though they may do the same type of work as folks on the other side of the building

stop trying to patch work our products and trust your large development team to develop.

There are newer employer reviews for Hobsons