Hogg Robinson Group
www.hoggrobinson.co.uk Basingstoke, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Clueless branch management, completely out of touch, travel consultants not listened to

Senior Business Travel Consultant (Current Employee)
Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Hogg Robinson Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsReasonably good company. Quite flexibile, and not as 'anal' and intrusive as competitors such as Amex.

ConsManager's who haven't been travel consultants for years makng decisions without actually asking and listening to the travel consultants who are talking to and dealing with the clients every day. Rubbish systems and technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the ridiculous focus on getting travel consultants to answer as many calls as possible. Don't you fools understand that you can't do a TC job effectively if you just spend all day call-after-call allowing your workload to build up! Why do you think that it is good practice to focus on answering a poxy telephone call rather than allowing TC's to get on with their other work? Would you rather a call is answered than a booking enquiry followed up, ticket reissued etc? Do you realise that many clients call to chase up work that we should have been doing had we been allowed time off the phones? Also, stop pandering so much to the client - have booking cut off times, compulsory time for TC's to spend off the phones to catch up on bookings, enquiries, admin etc, mandate the use of your online tool for clients to source flight times, BE PROACTIVE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE AND GROW A PAIR!

Painfully slow and backward thinking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Hogg Robinson Group

Pros: Travel and hotel offers were a nice benefit, albeit these can… Cons: Painfully slow moving, no indication that the company wishes to progress out of its comfort zone (the 1980s!). Still caught up in the notion… Advice to Senior Management: Try to treat employees equally. Slim down internal processes and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

nice small company feeling for a large global company

I have been working at Hogg Robinson Group

Pros: Values employees - gone to extreme lengths to only make a… Cons: Quite slow moving, takes a long time between announcements of change to see anything happen -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hogg Robinson Group.

Worked for Hogg Robinson Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hogg Robinson Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hogg Robinson Group CEO David J.C. Radcliffe. All reviews posted anonymously by Hogg Robinson Group employees.