Holiday Inn Express

www.hiexpress.com
  www.hiexpress.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Inn Express

general attitude of the employer

Former Employee - Guest Relations Manager in San Pablo, CA
Former Employee - Guest Relations Manager in San Pablo, CA

I worked at Holiday Inn Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

excellent relation with the employees

Cons

very rare meetings with the mnagement

frequent interaction with the employees is much more than a wage hike

138 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Inn Express (View Most Recent)

OK company with high demands

Former Employee - Room Attendant in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Room Attendant in Charleston, SC

I worked at Holiday Inn Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Holiday Inn Hotels discount, friendly environment.

Cons

Low pay, high demands from employees

Good on the outside, not great after a while."

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Victoria, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Victoria, TX

I have been working at Holiday Inn Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people. You meet some great people and hear interesting things about thier lives and work. Co workers also very friendly and nice but very young.

Cons

This list goes on. Theres no potential for growth unless youre comitted to working at the very same hotel for longer than 10 years.
    Not only that but getting a raise is next to impossible. Starting at 8.50 i thought was great, Im very young and live by myself so it paid the bills and then i had a little money left. But the work was alot more than i expected for that pay. You're not just front desk. Youre also a housekeeper, room checker, if a tv is broken you have to see if you can fix it, you take things to rooms for needy guests, you negotiate constantly, us night auditors have to cook breakfast and clean the halls and lobby...Im not one to complain about hard work but when other hotels pay $10-11 an hour to do the same stuff the motivation is lowered significantly.
    No bennefits - and dont even get hurt on the job. A minor papercut or worse burn from cooking breakfast management tries to skimp anywhere they can just so you dont have to file for workers comp. I got burned from the coffee machines hot water tap, the standing GM did not want to hear about it. Luckly it healed in a good three hours.
    The management is very nice but wont work with you at all. I started part time as a night auditor, then i asked if i could start full time on the morning and afternoon shifts. Although i was promised nothing i kept asking and proving myself only to be told "Oh we will get you on the day shift as soon as we can..." Its been two months and im still full time night. My body cant do it and my weight is dropping because i cant keep a normal eating scheduel. Also its apparently difficult for them to make a scheduel because sometimes id be called in to work after planning my days off only to be told they made a mistake and ment to put me on.
    If you want to move up, you are going to be let down by their expectations and ability to train you.

Please understand and appreciate your workers - better pay would help tremendiously!!! Bending over backwards for guests to the point they can do whatever they please and get what they want for some good survey rating is a very poor way to motivate your front desk. Also take time to see the potential in some of us so that you dont keep losing workers. The little night auditor may be amazing at daytime guest service but you overlook them because you dont feel like taking time out of your day to really talk to them. Also we have lives outside of work, being proactive and planning your work weeks and giving everyone the hours they want - not hiring a bunch of little 1-2 day workers who dont get that experence in as much as those who want 5 days of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Inn Express