There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

I have never been so micro-managed in my life!

Current Employee - CSL in Denver, CO
Current Employee - CSL in Denver, CO

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Working with seniors using my past knowledge, consultative skills and love seniors!

Cons

Know absolutely nothing about selling to seniors!!! Used car sales mentality! They think aggressive selling and closing on a first visit will work with seniors! Upper management has NO LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE! Salary is a joke and even when you have success, it's not good enough! Holiday is an awesome product but I am ashamed and embarrassed to work for the people I work for.

Get a clue. If you're going to hire successful sales persons with Senior Living experience, leave them alone and they'll succeed. And its not by making 25 calls/day! If I'm micro managed one more day, I'm walking. I guess that's why so many others have as well. Would you sell your parents this way?

397 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

At first it was the best job I ever had and it slowly became the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

The best reason to work at holiday was the residence of the people who work there in the building

Cons

The upper management has no clue what's going on in each building and the competition between the managers and the comanagers is terrible we have we had worked for the managers from hell in one building and the managers from heaven in another building

Well it would be to get back all of the managers that they have gotten rid of over the last couple years . But they should at least trained the new people that they have a little bit longer than three weeks.

Holiday is no Holiday.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

You meet some pretty amazing people that will touch your life forever. This is the ONLY thing that I loved about my job, the Residents.

Cons

Holiday is a very cheap company. My values and integrity were tested everyday when we had to tell the residents no, because of management's poor planning and bad budgeting. I would feel awful because the residents deserve so much better than what they are getting.

Hire people who are truly there for the resident and not just to bring home a paycheck, this can be a very rewarding job if there were better people in charge.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement