There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

A great learning opportunity.

Current Employee - Managers' Assistant in Orem, UT
Current Employee - Managers' Assistant in Orem, UT

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Working with the residents is the best part of the job. When you treat them with respect and tend to their needs quickly, they really do seem like family.

Cons

I think the biggest "con" when working with Holiday Retirement, at least in the center I work at, is the difficulty in working with two sets of managers. Often times they do not communicate so you either have to tell both sets the same thing, or one doesn't communicate to the other that they have asked you to do a huge project and you get yelled at for being busy all day.

Have more defined rolls as to what each set of managers do. Have a good communication system so that nothing gets left on post-its that fall on the floor.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

I have never been so micro-managed in my life!

Current Employee - CSL in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CSL in Denver, CO

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Working with seniors using my past knowledge, consultative skills and love seniors!

Cons

Know absolutely nothing about selling to seniors!!! Used car sales mentality! They think aggressive selling and closing on a first visit will work with seniors! Upper management has NO LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE! Salary is a joke and even when you have success, it's not good enough! Holiday is an awesome product but I am ashamed and embarrassed to work for the people I work for.

Get a clue. If you're going to hire successful sales persons with Senior Living experience, leave them alone and they'll succeed. And its not by making 25 calls/day! If I'm micro managed one more day, I'm walking. I guess that's why so many others have as well. Would you sell your parents this way?

At first it was the best job I ever had and it slowly became the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

The best reason to work at holiday was the residence of the people who work there in the building

Cons

The upper management has no clue what's going on in each building and the competition between the managers and the comanagers is terrible we have we had worked for the managers from hell in one building and the managers from heaven in another building

Well it would be to get back all of the managers that they have gotten rid of over the last couple years . But they should at least trained the new people that they have a little bit longer than three weeks.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement