Holiday Retirement
www.holidaytouch.com Lake Oswego, OR 5000+ Employees

We really enjoyed giving back to the community and serving seniors.

Community Manager (Former Employee)
Bellingham, WA

Pros1. This is a very rewarding experience. Not only did we have the opportunity to give back to the community and to seniors, but we got so much from them in the love and appreciation they gave us. The reward is beyond description. Being able to serve people in their final years is one of life's greatest pleasures.
2. Very competitive salary.
3. Free room and board.
4. Very good benefits. Good health plan, very good 401K.
5. Free lodging at other communities when traveling. We have stayed at Holiday Communities in a number of states and Canada.
6. As a manager, you get to build a team and shape their focus on what really counts...having a community full of happy senors. These are some of the best people on earth. They deserve the very best we can give them.
7. It is not a job. It is a service.

ConsLong hours and hard work. Most new hires under estimate the work and commitment it takes to successfully operate a community full of happy people. This is not a job. It is a life style.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for 9 great years. We love it! Thanks for the convention in Hawaii. It was outstanding. Thanks for your support and help along the way. We needed it.

A great learning opportunity.

Managers' Assistant (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros: Working with the residents is the best part of the job. When you treat… Cons: I think the biggest "con" when working with Holiday Retirement, at least in the center I work at, is the difficulty in working with two… Advice to Senior Management: Have more defined rolls as to what each set of managers do. Have a… More

I have never been so micro-managed in my life!

CSL (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros: Working with seniors using my past knowledge, consultative skills and… Cons: Know absolutely nothing about selling to seniors!!! Used car sales mentality! They think aggressive selling and closing on a first visit will work with seniors!… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue. If you're going to hire successful sales persons with Senior Living experience, leave them alone and they'll succeed. And its not by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Holiday Retirement.

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!

Holiday Retirement – Why Work for Us?

​​A pioneer then, a leader now​​ When we founded Holiday Retirement in 1971, we set out to create an independent retirement lifestyle unlike anything seniors had ever experienced before -- cheerful communities filled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holiday Retirement reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Holiday Retirement CEO Kai Hsiao. All reviews posted anonymously by Holiday Retirement employees.