Holiday Retirement

www.holidaytouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

We really enjoyed giving back to the community and serving seniors.

Former Employee - Community Manager in Bellingham, WA
Former Employee - Community Manager in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

1. This is a very rewarding experience. Not only did we have the opportunity to give back to the community and to seniors, but we got so much from them in the love and appreciation they gave us. The reward is beyond description. Being able to serve people in their final years is one of life's greatest pleasures.
2. Very competitive salary.
3. Free room and board.
4. Very good benefits. Good health plan, very good 401K.
5. Free lodging at other communities when traveling. We have stayed at Holiday Communities in a number of states and Canada.
6. As a manager, you get to build a team and shape their focus on what really counts...having a community full of happy senors. These are some of the best people on earth. They deserve the very best we can give them.
7. It is not a job. It is a service.

Cons

Long hours and hard work. Most new hires under estimate the work and commitment it takes to successfully operate a community full of happy people. This is not a job. It is a life style.

Thanks for 9 great years. We love it! Thanks for the convention in Hawaii. It was outstanding. Thanks for your support and help along the way. We needed it.

439 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

A great learning opportunity.

Current Employee - Managers' Assistant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Managers' Assistant in Orem, UT

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Working with the residents is the best part of the job. When you treat them with respect and tend to their needs quickly, they really do seem like family.

Cons

I think the biggest "con" when working with Holiday Retirement, at least in the center I work at, is the difficulty in working with two sets of managers. Often times they do not communicate so you either have to tell both sets the same thing, or one doesn't communicate to the other that they have asked you to do a huge project and you get yelled at for being busy all day.

Have more defined rolls as to what each set of managers do. Have a good communication system so that nothing gets left on post-its that fall on the floor.

I have never been so micro-managed in my life!

Current Employee - CSL in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CSL in Denver, CO

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Working with seniors using my past knowledge, consultative skills and love seniors!

Cons

Know absolutely nothing about selling to seniors!!! Used car sales mentality! They think aggressive selling and closing on a first visit will work with seniors! Upper management has NO LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE! Salary is a joke and even when you have success, it's not good enough! Holiday is an awesome product but I am ashamed and embarrassed to work for the people I work for.

Get a clue. If you're going to hire successful sales persons with Senior Living experience, leave them alone and they'll succeed. And its not by making 25 calls/day! If I'm micro managed one more day, I'm walking. I guess that's why so many others have as well. Would you sell your parents this way?

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement