There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Got out while the gettin was good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

The residents and the staff in the field

Cons

Too much transition, 4 RD's in less than 18 months. Too much transition in leadership at the corporate office. Never knew which way was up!

Advice to Management

Step back, regroup, revise, and learn not to repeat the same mistakes. Seriously, how progressive and proactive do you really thnk you are when you operating model and facility model has not changed to meet the needs of the industry or "human capital" required to maintain a minimal standard of functionality.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

We really enjoyed giving back to the community and serving seniors.

Former Employee - Community Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

1. This is a very rewarding experience. Not only did we have the opportunity to give back to the community and to seniors, but we got so much from them in the love and appreciation they gave us. The reward is beyond description. Being able to serve people in their final years is one of life's greatest pleasures.
    2. Very competitive salary.
    3. Free room and board.
    4. Very good benefits. Good health plan, very good 401K.
    5. Free lodging at other communities when traveling. We have stayed at Holiday Communities in a number of states and Canada.
    6. As a manager, you get to build a team and shape their focus on what really counts...having a community full of happy senors. These are some of the best people on earth. They deserve the very best we can give them.
    7. It is not a job. It is a service.

Cons

Long hours and hard work. Most new hires under estimate the work and commitment it takes to successfully operate a community full of happy people. This is not a job. It is a life style.

Advice to Management

Thanks for 9 great years. We love it! Thanks for the convention in Hawaii. It was outstanding. Thanks for your support and help along the way. We needed it.

It's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

I get to work with experienced, traveled, interesting people who have become frail enough to need help to live. The residents are amazing people with amazing stories to share.

Cons

The corportation is so greedy that they've forgotten the residents. They've forgotten that overworked, underpaid, undertrained employees burn out quickly. They seem never to have known anything about customer service or public relations. The answer to every questions is "It's not my job." Only the maintenance man can be trusted!

Advice to Management

Hire a true senior care consultant who understands about independent living of older people. Sell your interested in the corporation. Join the 1% on Wall Street. You're greedy enough to qualify.