Holiday Retirement
www.holidaytouch.com Lake Oswego, OR 5000+ Employees

Hopefully proactivity will replace reactivity soon!

Home Office IT (Former Employee)
Lake Oswego, OR

ProsEmployees work very hard and care very much about each other.
Better than average benefits
Nice corporate office in Lake Ego (Oswego), with big cubes and windows
Free parking at corporate office

ConsInsanely high turnover rate for employees (including home office), especially in the sales and community management areas as the expectations are outrageously high due to the reality the hospitality and sales industry but also due to little understanding by executive management as HOW TO retain/train new employees. Bring those seniors in at any cost! There appears to be high turn over of any executive who are interested in employee retention.

The company is totally reactive in how it runs it business; here again due to the industry (?). BUT what exacerbates this is a totally absent CEO who leaves the day to day runnings of the company to a President who is totally reactive to his environment. The public verbal abuse of management that reports to him, including threatening to fire people on the spot in meetings is so very 1980's.

Until the business recognizes that technology/the IT department is important in the daily running of the business (stop treating it like the red headed step child) and communicates plans more proactively, it will always be in reactive mode. This makes it hard to support the business due to IT being understaffed and not having the proper tools to support the business. The days of one day notice for new hire are over folks!

The Cloud is not your savior!

There is zero career advancement in IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your management staff the ability to make decisions and stop micro managing. I've never experienced a company before where executive level management micro managed their middle management so heavily. Ghosts of poor performers in the past? Cant trust new staff to manage, direct and perform?

Stop treating IT as temporary staff. Either totally contract out everyone or give those working so very hard the budget, tools and training they need to support and improve the business.

Better operations training would have been nice for the CO-Managers

Co-Manager (Former Employee)
    Derry, NH

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for less than a year

Pros: The residents are great the staff was very good having a… Cons: The RD was clueless. Upper management could see nothing but we need more move-in's My wife and I were CO-Managers at a 100% full community… Advice to Senior Management: Make operations training a first priority! Sales should be second. Your whole world revolves around sales not the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Roller coaster ride

Manager (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros: When we first started we applied the "Holiday Touch" and were very successful with move ins. We turned the reputation of the community around.… Cons: After the first year, we were increasingly pushed to produce at ever higher rates of move-ins (we had increased census from 60-80% the first… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. Seriously resign. You are screwing up what was an incredible company. The fact that turnover rates are as they are should be highly indicative… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Holiday Retirement.

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!

Holiday Retirement – Why Work for Us?

​​A pioneer then, a leader now​​ When we founded Holiday Retirement in 1971, we set out to create an independent retirement lifestyle unlike anything seniors had ever experienced before -- cheerful communities filled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holiday Retirement reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Holiday Retirement CEO Kai Hsiao. All reviews posted anonymously by Holiday Retirement employees.