Holiday Retirement

www.holidaytouch.com

Hopefully proactivity will replace reactivity soon!

Home Office IT (Former Employee) Lake Oswego, OR

ProsEmployees work very hard and care very much about each other.
Better than average benefits
Nice corporate office in Lake Ego (Oswego), with big cubes and windows
Free parking at corporate office

ConsInsanely high turnover rate for employees (including home office), especially in the sales and community management areas as the expectations are outrageously high due to the reality the hospitality and sales industry but also due to little understanding by executive management as HOW TO retain/train new employees. Bring those seniors in at any cost! There appears to be high turn over of any executive who are interested in employee retention.

The company is totally reactive in how it runs it business; here again due to the industry (?). BUT what exacerbates this is a totally absent CEO who leaves the day to day runnings of the company to a President who is totally reactive to his environment. The public verbal abuse of management that reports to him, including threatening to fire people on the spot in meetings is so very 1980's.

Until the business recognizes that technology/the IT department is important in the daily running of the business (stop treating it like the red headed step child) and communicates plans more proactively, it will always be in reactive mode. This makes it hard to support the business due to IT being understaffed and not having the proper tools to support the business. The days of one day notice for new hire are over folks!

The Cloud is not your savior!

There is zero career advancement in IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your management staff the ability to make decisions and stop micro managing. I've never experienced a company before where executive level management micro managed their middle management so heavily. Ghosts of poor performers in the past? Cant trust new staff to manage, direct and perform?

Stop treating IT as temporary staff. Either totally contract out everyone or give those working so very hard the budget, tools and training they need to support and improve the business.

Pressure from the top down...not worth it!

CSL (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros: NONE, very sick culture and not getting better after two… Cons: Too many to mention. Company is attempting to ride on… Advice to Senior Management: Quit while you are ahead, you are in the people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay away...toxic and horrible

CSL (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros: This is the worst company available. Run Forest RUN!!!!! Cons: They value profits and treat people like #*-@ No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Holiday Retirement.

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!