There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Fast pace, long hours, massive company growth and the best co-workers you could ever imagine!

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lake Oswego, OR
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Co-workers are committed to backing up their team members and achieving great results within a very fluid environment as we work through a massive growth phase.

Cons

The company runs very lean staffing so you have to wear multiple hats and put in long hours in order to keep up with the pace. As we have outsourced many roles to 3rd party agencies we have lost a lot of in house knowledge.

Advice to Management

Offer more perks and incentives to staff besides base salary. It's hard to retain great staff and keep them working through the long hours without any golden handcuffs.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Much room for improvement

Former Employee - Community Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents and staff are great, if you take everything with a grain of salt.

Cons

As a member of community management, you have to understand the abilities of your staff. For the pay offered, it is very difficult to hire and retain quality staff. Many current members of the community management teams (co managers, chefs, and sales leaders) are in positions over their ability. The budget restraints are unreal (3.70 per dietary day) and make it next to impossible to provide a product worthy of such high rents. NOI requirements are heads and feet above industry standard, just for an example my current company aims for a 20% flow through, while holiday requires 50%. lastly, regional and district management have never "worked" at the community level, and dot under how their decision and forecasting for budget and staff hours effect the residents and lead management teams.

Advice to Management

Find a proper balance between bottom line and level of service, and live the life of a community manager for once.

Pressure from the top down...not worth it!

Former Employee - CSL in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - CSL in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE, very sick culture and not getting better after two plus years, fianally had to quit to keep my health.

Cons

Too many to mention. Company is attempting to ride on the coatails of the founders, but they just don't get it.

Advice to Management

Quit while you are ahead, you are in the people business where you do not belong!