There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Decent benefits, horrible management

Former Employee - Community Manager
Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros

Living with the residents. They are a joy and we still keep in touch with many of them.
We were able to save money due to the long hours and little time away from the job.

Cons

Constant sales pressure from upper management that doesn't care an iota about what goes on in the communitees. We were warned about this but though we could make it work. Luckily, we had other options but they really take advantage of those that don't.

Read this blog! You might learn something.

384 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Fear the Universal Law of Karma

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time

Pros

Having an opportunity to visit and work with seniors.

Cons

Poor communication, work culture - lack of culture and super high turnover.

When you treat your employees so poorly they will not give the customers the kind of help they need. That is why there are so many customer and employee complaints. Do not let your fear of not politics get in the way of your morals and ethics. Karma is a scary thing. I hope when you or other members of your family the employees where you go have been treated better than you have treated yours so that you receive the care you deserve.

Much room for improvement

Former Employee - Community Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros

The residents and staff are great, if you take everything with a grain of salt.

Cons

As a member of community management, you have to understand the abilities of your staff. For the pay offered, it is very difficult to hire and retain quality staff. Many current members of the community management teams (co managers, chefs, and sales leaders) are in positions over their ability. The budget restraints are unreal (3.70 per dietary day) and make it next to impossible to provide a product worthy of such high rents. NOI requirements are heads and feet above industry standard, just for an example my current company aims for a 20% flow through, while holiday requires 50%. lastly, regional and district management have never "worked" at the community level, and dot under how their decision and forecasting for budget and staff hours effect the residents and lead management teams.

Find a proper balance between bottom line and level of service, and live the life of a community manager for once.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!