I enjoy my job.

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Housekeeper in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I do not get paid enough for my physcial labor but the relationships I have gained with the residents and their families are TRULY priceless.

Cons

I would love to see this company on the TV show "Undercover Boss". The managers and/or higher-ups would not last eight minutes training with me let alone eight hours. TOO much work NOT enough time.

Advice to Management

Perhaps change the slogan from "Holiday Touch" to "Holiday Marketing" because that is all it is anyways.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Please speak to other former employees before working at Holiday Retirement!

Former Employee - Co Manager in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Co Manager in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love to serve seniors and bringing a smile to their faces and giving them someone to speak with-than this is maybe the job for you!

Cons

If the pros are true than this is not the best fit for you because this behavior is not welcome nor appreciated!

Advice to Management

Please please train the community managers on Team work and the value of honesty and integrity in all dealings. If only the community managers would follow the directive that they are equal with the co managers it would so much better for the residents!

2. Holiday isn't like many report, it is a Great place to work!

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the reward when dealing with residents, families and employees. Everyone focused on making lives of Seniors better! A great community that is focused on the Resident. The Company does a great job maintaining the buildings. Teamwork is critical, as long as each works together to the common goal. Sales are fun. Functions are divided equally as long as each other carries their weight. It is for someone who has a drive to succeed

Cons

A difficult job, however still fun. Serving anyone who is living is longer than a 9-5 job. The Company does a great job in setting proper staffing in the Community. People who are lazy will not be successful.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Encourage those that express how much they enjoy their job to report on the blog. The Company is getting a bad name because of some bad hires. There are many people like myself who enjoy working here, however we aren't speaking to the good things. As the saying goes, those that don't like something are first to tell others........most cases they are the problem for not liking it. I know there are many people in my Region that really enjoy the work they do. Bad people have bad experiences, however scaring good people away! Nothing is perfect, however you are doing the right thing by being more selective in hiring. Many who aren't successful shouldn't have been selected to be hired to begin with.