There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Holiday isn't like many report, it is a Great place to work!

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the reward when dealing with residents, families and employees. Everyone focused on making lives of Seniors better! A great community that is focused on the Resident. The Company does a great job maintaining the buildings. Teamwork is critical, as long as each works together to the common goal. Sales are fun. Functions are divided equally as long as each other carries their weight. It is for someone who has a drive to succeed

Cons

A difficult job, however still fun. Serving anyone who is living is longer than a 9-5 job. The Company does a great job in setting proper staffing in the Community. People who are lazy will not be successful.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Encourage those that express how much they enjoy their job to report on the blog. The Company is getting a bad name because of some bad hires. There are many people like myself who enjoy working here, however we aren't speaking to the good things. As the saying goes, those that don't like something are first to tell others........most cases they are the problem for not liking it. I know there are many people in my Region that really enjoy the work they do. Bad people have bad experiences, however scaring good people away! Nothing is perfect, however you are doing the right thing by being more selective in hiring. Many who aren't successful shouldn't have been selected to be hired to begin with.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

1. So far so good

Current Employee - Enrichment Coordinator
    Current Employee - Enrichment Coordinator

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents and staff. Very busy. Time flies.

Cons

Not enough time to do all that is expected and unable to volunteer time.

Advice to Management

The pressure the Upper Regional management puts on you guys is palpable. We all can see and feel the stress they put on you.

2. I enjoy my job.

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I do not get paid enough for my physcial labor but the relationships I have gained with the residents and their families are TRULY priceless.

Cons

I would love to see this company on the TV show "Undercover Boss". The managers and/or higher-ups would not last eight minutes training with me let alone eight hours. TOO much work NOT enough time.

Advice to Management

Perhaps change the slogan from "Holiday Touch" to "Holiday Marketing" because that is all it is anyways.