There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

If you know you are the Best.... DO IT!

Current Employee - Community Manager
Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OUR COMMUNITY ! Our ASSOCIATES ! Our Neighbors ! All we do to make our Residents enjoy their Senior years ! We have a great product, We need to BELIEVE in ourselves and our Company ! Remember .. the grass is not always GREENER ! Do your best every day for your own peace of mind. Recall the Serenity prayer !

Cons

Negativity of people ! Remember upper Management sets the Stage... the MD's are the key to a happy Community.. IF the MD respects his or her RD;s they will trickle down the respect and so on and so on.... We need the SUPPORT of the Entire TEAM from the top down ! The Company's weakest link is OREGON !

Advice to Management

Wake up .. COMMUNICATE .. do NOT Dictate ! Make the right decisions that will help the front line respect and retain residents and associates for as long as we can ! STOP the daily harassment from the MD's RD's and RSL >>>

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

WORST COMPANY EVER!! MANAGEMENT WILL SCREW YOU IN A HEARTBEAT

Former Employee - Enrichment Coordinator
    Former Employee - Enrichment Coordinator

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Residents are the only pros to this company

Cons

MANAGEMENT PAY COMPANY THE LIST GOES ON AND ON..... MOST CORRUPT COMPANY IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees. I was amazing at my job and loved by EVERYONE! Except the management because I made a complaint on for the constant retaliation they did against me. They lie about everything, They threw me into a job with no training and then fired me 2 months later because I "wasn't doing my job" well how can someone do their job if they are never trained and their "job responsibilities" change on a daily basis. They treat the residents as a paycheck and when I stood up to do the right thing I was fired over it. My community will go down in flames and in a way im glad I wont be around to go down with it but on the other hand I feel so bad for those residents 75% of them want to move out but can't due to money they are being mistreated and employees are being mistreated but no one in that company cares. You would think that something needed to be changed when you have an 80% turnover rate and 60% of employees have lawsuits out and ARE WINNING I was the 3rd EC in less then 3 years in that place because they cant keep an employee. I did nothing wrong and was mistreated and lied about so now my lawyer will handle my retaliation and slander lawsuit and I will win because of all the evidence I have. Take my advice and everyone elses and stay far far away from this place!

Holiday is more of Hell-aday Retirement

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, meals and apartment

Cons

Working hours are gruesome. Must manage chefs, waiters, maintenance, cleaning staff, hourly log of workers, recreation, office, + sales is highly stressed! Trained with 5 couples. All started as assistant managers. None are currently with the company.

Advice to Management

Treat others as you would desire to be treated. Also higher management should have the background of first being on a management team in an actual home! Demands are overwhelming!