Holiday Retirement

www.holidaytouch.com
  www.holidaytouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

If you know you are the Best.... DO IT!

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

OUR COMMUNITY ! Our ASSOCIATES ! Our Neighbors !
All we do to make our Residents enjoy their Senior years !
We have a great product, We need to BELIEVE in ourselves and our Company !
Remember .. the grass is not always GREENER ! Do your best every day for your own peace of mind. Recall the Serenity prayer !

Cons

Negativity of people ! Remember upper Management sets the Stage... the MD's are the key to a happy Community.. IF the MD respects his or her RD;s they will trickle down the respect and so on and so on.... We need the SUPPORT of the Entire TEAM from the top down ! The Company's weakest link is OREGON !

Wake up .. COMMUNICATE .. do NOT Dictate ! Make the right decisions that will help the front line respect and retain residents and associates for as long as we can ! STOP the daily harassment from the MD's RD's and RSL >>>

426 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

The lunatics are running the asylum

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some good people working for this company. Unfortunately, not ONE of them is in senior management, and senior management makes all the decisions. Or rather, Fortress makes the decisions in NYC and pushes them down on the Home Office.

Cons

This experience is going to be an excellent chapter in a book I am writing about horrible people and the death of decency in America today. Where oh where do I start?

1. Three CEOs in 4 months. Yeah, you read that right: 4 months.

2. Recently installed CEO went from "interim CEO" to CEO" with absolutely no notice to the employees of the company.

3. Management is through fear, intimidation and threats. And bagel throwing. The CEO recently was angered by a co-worker and threw a bagel at her. He was COO at the time, so the obvious response was to elevate him to the top position at the company! This was not the first time he has thrown something at a co-worker, and despite his recent letters of apology to two people in the company who he has abused, it won't be the last. Can you say "anger management?"

4. You know the term "revolving door" as it applied to turnover? Well, revolving door doesn't even begin to describe the turnover in the field and in the home office. I guess revolving door would work, but you'd have to be picturing the revolving door in the Superman movie that goes around at about 100 miles per hour as he changes from Clark Kent into his tights.

5. The CEO, despite his efforts to appear terrifying and powerful, is weak and impotent in reality, as the company is controlled by an investment fund manager who cares only about $$ - not about residents, not about employees, just the almighty dollar. Fortress bought the company at a ridiculously inflated price right before the crash, and their goal is to take it public and recoup their lousy and ill-timed investment. Good luck with that (see #4 and refer to your basics in due diligence re: senior management).

6. The new CLO was a ten year associate at an LA firm before being hired by Holiday. A ten year associate. I'd never heard of one of those before. Good choice! Of course, his family hasn't moved to Portland, so who knows how long he is going to be around...

7. Speaking of that, the new head of HR recently moved back home to Denver and took the only two personal items in his office with him. Hmmm...no trouble there. Nothing to see ma'am, move along.

8. See class action lawsuits.

9. Everyone who works there who is a decent, intelligent person is constantly scouring the internet looking for another job. You want to see how dedicated your people are to you? Look at their desk. If they don't have a picture of their kids somewhere in their work space, they are looking to leave. I have never seen more offices devoid of personal effects than I have at Holiday.

10. The only conditions under which I'd recommend someone take a job at this company is if they were completely broke and could no longer afford housing and food for their children. No wait, I take that back. I'd live under a bridge with my kids and cats before working there again.

Find some humility. Appreciate your residents and your employees. Don't claim in a leadership meeting that you are trying to earn your employees trust back and then send a mass mailing accusing everyone at the home office of cheating on their vacation time. Honest to goodness, watching you people fumble around was hilarious.

Whenever a decision was in front of you, there could be two ways to go: one which was clearly correct and one which was clearly a VERY BAD IDEA. And every time, like a rat too stupid to learn he gets shocked when he grabs the pellet, you went the wrong way.

Every time. It was funny for a while. Then it wasn't.

One more thing: don't lie to people. They don't like it.

This job needs to pay more and expect less.

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Expenses are covered and residents make it worth it.

Cons

Not enough pay and not enough time off.

Pay more and retain the Managers you have and attract better people. Quit spending money on revolving door and invest in your staff. Make sure they get more time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement