Holiday Retirement

www.holidaytouch.com
  www.holidaytouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Overall good place for seniors to age in place, and good product to sell.

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Living arrangements, food prepared for you, ability to create and foster a positive environment for people to spend their days as opposed to living lonely at home. Everyone truly is family.

Cons

Hours. Never enough time to do what is expected of you Absolutely no time to spend doing things you would know would improve the community. More emails than practical to read and keep up on. No personal life. People at all levels are constantly fearing being let go.

Too many layers to management. Jobs that are created to be support end up just causing confusion because you end up having 3 to 6 people looking over your work each telling you a different way to do a task or manage your staff. All different ways but all claiming their way is the only way or the holiday way. I don't understand why the company continues to spend money to hire new people yet continue to burn them out.

424 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Big Mistake

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time

Pros

Working with and serving the residents was great. Gratifying relationships are created with the residents.

Cons

Working conditions are horrible. An 8-10 hour shift followed by being on call overnight four night a week is tough. If some one doesn't show up, you do their job no matter when or where.

As long as making a positive quarterly P&L is at the top of the list working conditions will deteriorate. The level of greed will run unchecked as the marketing department, regional directors and managing directors campaign for more, more, more, at the expense of staff and especially residents. The practices of not disclosing clearly to prospective residents that they can loose their money upon signing a contract is immoral and perhaps criminal. Having incoming managers sign waivers excluding them from law suits and class actions or not be hired indicates a foul company culture.

Poor to less than

I have been working at Holiday Retirement (more than an year)

Pros

The residents....period The residents and the "ideal" of the "Holiday Touch" are what keep me going. Helping seniors, making a difference, making them smile, and adding to their already amazing lives are what is important and what sold me on working for this company.

Cons

The company falls so short of giving the "Holiday Touch". I have worked in a community two years where managers are so worried about keeping their jobs and filling the apartments that they do not engage,participate nor care about residents well-being....nor their employees well-being. Sad as it is....all I see, hear, and am told, is that is it "all about bringing people in".....from my management team. Should not the focus be on the residents that are already there and keeping them happy....and then some???

Actually care about the seniors (like you advertise) and manage your management team closer....come stay with each community for a week or so and really see what goes on.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement