Good

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Holiday Retirement as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people and great food at lunch.

Cons

Don't help with 401K and that's about it.

Advice to Management

Walk around the floor more.

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement

I'm alway's told by higher Management this is the Holiday way, the way thing's are done change. STILL DON"T KNOW MY JOB

Current Employee - Housekeeper
    Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Resadent's are what keep me at this job, I love being there for them. We have wonderful Managers, Housekeeping staff and Sue Chef.

Cons

Uper Management come into the bilding nit picking and putting our work down, they don't care if there has been only one house keeper or one Chef they want the bilding to be perfect ! They never say or see any thing good about us or our work ! The pay is not good for what we do, each person get's payed for one job but does at lest 3 !

Advice to Management

Say some thing good ! Give good raises stop slapping us in the face with 2o/o across the board, Some of us work harder for you ! If you want one person to do 2 or 3 job's Pay them for it ! Don't make it so hard for someone to take a day off, stop working us on a skeleton crew ! Stop having us buss with tray's they are nasty and unsafe, knife's, fork's, plates and food slide off. Resadent's have been hit with these sliding off the tray's and It is bad on our back, sholder's and knee's, you will keep your worker's longer if you don't kill there body and pay them for the work they do !

Overall good place for seniors to age in place, and good product to sell.

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Living arrangements, food prepared for you, ability to create and foster a positive environment for people to spend their days as opposed to living lonely at home. Everyone truly is family.

Cons

Hours. Never enough time to do what is expected of you Absolutely no time to spend doing things you would know would improve the community. More emails than practical to read and keep up on. No personal life. People at all levels are constantly fearing being let go.

Advice to Management

Too many layers to management. Jobs that are created to be support end up just causing confusion because you end up having 3 to 6 people looking over your work each telling you a different way to do a task or manage your staff. All different ways but all claiming their way is the only way or the holiday way. I don't understand why the company continues to spend money to hire new people yet continue to burn them out.