There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

I'm alway's told by higher Management this is the Holiday way, the way thing's are done change. STILL DON"T KNOW MY JOB

Current Employee - Housekeeper
Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Resadent's are what keep me at this job, I love being there for them. We have wonderful Managers, Housekeeping staff and Sue Chef.

Cons

Uper Management come into the bilding nit picking and putting our work down, they don't care if there has been only one house keeper or one Chef they want the bilding to be perfect ! They never say or see any thing good about us or our work ! The pay is not good for what we do, each person get's payed for one job but does at lest 3 !

Advice to Management

Say some thing good ! Give good raises stop slapping us in the face with 2o/o across the board, Some of us work harder for you ! If you want one person to do 2 or 3 job's Pay them for it ! Don't make it so hard for someone to take a day off, stop working us on a skeleton crew ! Stop having us buss with tray's they are nasty and unsafe, knife's, fork's, plates and food slide off. Resadent's have been hit with these sliding off the tray's and It is bad on our back, sholder's and knee's, you will keep your worker's longer if you don't kill there body and pay them for the work they do !

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Company That Ruins Lives!!!!

Current Employee - Community Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Residents and the coworkers are the only good things.

Cons

They will chew you up and spit you out! Managers leave so fast you can't keep track. They care nothing about their employees or the residents! They feed the residents for an average of $3.80 per person per day. This company is everything that is wrong with corporate America!!!

Advice to Management

Leave the planet and make it a better world.

The lunatics are running the asylum

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good people working for this company. Unfortunately, not ONE of them is in senior management, and senior management makes all the decisions. Or rather, Fortress makes the decisions in NYC and pushes them down on the Home Office.

Cons

This experience is going to be an excellent chapter in a book I am writing about horrible people and the death of decency in America today. Where oh where do I start? 1. Three CEOs in 4 months. Yeah, you read that right: 4 months. 2. Recently installed CEO went from "interim CEO" to CEO" with absolutely no notice to the employees of the company. 3. Management is through fear, intimidation and threats. And bagel throwing. The CEO recently was angered by a co-worker and threw a bagel at her. He was COO at the time, so the obvious response was to elevate him to the top position at the company! This was not the first time he has thrown something at a co-worker, and despite his recent letters of apology to two people in the company who he has abused, it won't be the last. Can you say "anger management?" 4. You know the term "revolving door" as it applied to turnover? Well, revolving door doesn't even begin to describe the turnover in the field and in the home office. I guess revolving door would work, but you'd have to be picturing the revolving door in the Superman movie that goes around at about 100 miles per hour as he changes from Clark Kent into his tights. 5. The CEO, despite his efforts to appear terrifying and powerful, is weak and impotent in reality, as the company is controlled by an investment fund manager who cares only about $$ - not about residents, not about employees, just the almighty dollar. Fortress bought the company at a ridiculously inflated price right before the crash, and their goal is to take it public and recoup their lousy and ill-timed investment. Good luck with that (see #4 and refer to your basics in due diligence re: senior management). 6. The new CLO was a ten year associate at an LA firm before being hired by Holiday. A ten year associate. I'd never heard of one of those before. Good choice! Of course, his family hasn't moved to Portland, so who knows how long he is going to be around... 7. Speaking of that, the new head of HR recently moved back home to Denver and took the only two personal items in his office with him. Hmmm...no trouble there. Nothing to see ma'am, move along. 8. See class action lawsuits. 9. Everyone who works there who is a decent, intelligent person is constantly scouring the internet looking for another job. You want to see how dedicated your people are to you? Look at their desk. If they don't have a picture of their kids somewhere in their work space, they are looking to leave. I have never seen more offices devoid of personal effects than I have at Holiday. 10. The only conditions under which I'd recommend someone take a job at this company is if they were completely broke and could no longer afford housing and food for their children. No wait, I take that back. I'd live under a bridge with my kids and cats before working there again.

Advice to Management

Find some humility. Appreciate your residents and your employees. Don't claim in a leadership meeting that you are trying to earn your employees trust back and then send a mass mailing accusing everyone at the home office of cheating on their vacation time. Honest to goodness, watching you people fumble around was hilarious. Whenever a decision was in front of you, there could be two ways to go: one which was clearly correct and one which was clearly a VERY BAD IDEA. And every time, like a rat too stupid to learn he gets shocked when he grabs the pellet, you went the wrong way. Every time. It was funny for a while. Then it wasn't. One more thing: don't lie to people. They don't like it.