Holiday Retirement

www.holidaytouch.com
  www.holidaytouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

I'm alway's told by higher Management this is the Holiday way, the way thing's are done change. STILL DON"T KNOW MY JOB

Current Employee - Housekeeper
Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Resadent's are what keep me at this job, I love being there for them. We have wonderful Managers, Housekeeping staff and Sue Chef.

Cons

Uper Management come into the bilding nit picking and putting our work down, they don't care if there has been only one house keeper or one Chef they want the bilding to be perfect ! They never say or see any thing good about us or our work ! The pay is not good for what we do, each person get's payed for one job but does at lest 3 !

Say some thing good ! Give good raises stop slapping us in the face with 2o/o across the board, Some of us work harder for you ! If you want one person to do 2 or 3 job's Pay them for it ! Don't make it so hard for someone to take a day off, stop working us on a skeleton crew ! Stop having us buss with tray's they are nasty and unsafe, knife's, fork's, plates and food slide off. Resadent's have been hit with these sliding off the tray's and It is bad on our back, sholder's and knee's, you will keep your worker's longer if you don't kill there body and pay them for the work they do !

426 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Very rewarding work ... Horrible regional and above management

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Helping and serving seniors at the time in their lives that service is required.

Cons

Poorly run company , senior management does not have knowledge of product.

The best assets of this company is management teams in building. These teams need rewards, not unreasonable demands and impossible goals.....Get real!

Overall good place for seniors to age in place, and good product to sell.

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Living arrangements, food prepared for you, ability to create and foster a positive environment for people to spend their days as opposed to living lonely at home. Everyone truly is family.

Cons

Hours. Never enough time to do what is expected of you Absolutely no time to spend doing things you would know would improve the community. More emails than practical to read and keep up on. No personal life. People at all levels are constantly fearing being let go.

Too many layers to management. Jobs that are created to be support end up just causing confusion because you end up having 3 to 6 people looking over your work each telling you a different way to do a task or manage your staff. All different ways but all claiming their way is the only way or the holiday way. I don't understand why the company continues to spend money to hire new people yet continue to burn them out.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement