There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

RUN, and never put your parents here!

Former Employee - Community Manager
Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros

Holiday finally agreed to "settle" their suit. We are all receiving back pay for our hard work and dedication to the residents.

Cons

Management and CSL's are so afraid of getting fired that the entire atmosphere is filled with liars, backstabbers, and tension. You cannot trust anyone who works here, they will pass the blame in a heartbeat. There needs to be more honest and positive communication between staff. This is unlikely to happed due to the constant fear everyone is in,

Quit ignoring the 80% turn-over rate. Residents deserve consistent Managers and things can never run smoothly when your Managers are forced to "sale" more than "care". CSL's also need a more proactive boss, they rarely do their jobs and then force managers to take up the slack.

387 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Selling Independent Homes to Seniors

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time

Pros

Getting to know the seniors

Cons

I have been in sales for ten years, and selling independent living to seniors is by far the most difficult sale I have experienced.

Run

Current Employee - Community Sales Leader

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with seniors and their family's.

Cons

Upper management. There is no heart in this company. I'm basically told to get 'em in, and on to the next. I don't have time as a CSL to sit and get to know the current residents or even get to know the resident I JUST moved in. They micromanage and don't care. It's all about the bottom line, not who we serve.

Thaw out your heart. It's cold and it impacts your employees. Realize that it's about the lifestyle we offer and most importantly about senior citizens. I'm just so disgusted with this company. Worst decision I've made by accepting this job.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!