There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

worst job ever

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to leave after having wasted only 3 tears of my life

Cons

too much to list in this short space

Advice to Management

3 CEO's in 4 years says it all.

reviews filtered by

RUN, and never put your parents here!

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Holiday finally agreed to "settle" their suit. We are all receiving back pay for our hard work and dedication to the residents.

Cons

Management and CSL's are so afraid of getting fired that the entire atmosphere is filled with liars, backstabbers, and tension. You cannot trust anyone who works here, they will pass the blame in a heartbeat. There needs to be more honest and positive communication between staff. This is unlikely to happed due to the constant fear everyone is in,

Advice to Management

Quit ignoring the 80% turn-over rate. Residents deserve consistent Managers and things can never run smoothly when your Managers are forced to "sale" more than "care". CSL's also need a more proactive boss, they rarely do their jobs and then force managers to take up the slack.

Tough job, big learning curve, it will pay off in the long run, worthy work!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leadership team, training & investment in people, career path which is obtainable, great place to learn and grow.

Cons

Your time is no longer your own. Very long hours, weekends, live in managers...you get what you pay for, turnover. Lack of professionalism in the field. Focus often changes.
    Regional team thrown into the deep end. More structured training. Job shadowing in other regions for a strong start.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have been in business, have owned their own business and have been succesful for live in managers. Training of managers should happen over time in more than one community. Shake up the trainers, not everyone does it the same way and bad habits or beliefs get passed on when only one team is involved in the majority of their training.

Holiday Retirement Response

Oct 30, 2013Holiday Retirement

Thank you for your post and feedback. I would agree that there is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow within this company. One gentleman commented that he had been promoted 2 times within ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement