There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Working with Seniors is the best part of my job

Current Employee - Enrichment Coordinator  in  Farmington, CT
Current Employee - Enrichment Coordinator in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros

The residents and there families are what keep me going! I love the ability to get creative and provide the best enrichment program that I can. I enjoy working with the team within the community.

Cons

Make up your mind- one day you want us to focus on "X" and then the next day they want us to focus on "Q" with us always changing gears we can never build momentum.

Trust the community team to know what they are doing and stop hounding them for one more tour or move-in. Have more focus on positive than negative.

383 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Worst corporate bullies ever!!!! Run, don't walk away from this corporation!!!

Former Employee - Community Sales Leader  in  Mid City West, PA
    Former Employee - Community Sales Leader in Mid City West, PA

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time for more than a year

Pros

The reward of helping the elderly. A few good managers and other co-workers made the job okay at times.

Cons

Worked at Holiday as a Community Sales Leader for over a year. Was told in school, their "Holiday University" training, that the average time employed for my position was 5.5 months! Still, couldn't of imagined all the horrible and illegal stuff that they do everyday. Micro-managed and bullied and barely recognized by the company when you are making the quota of 4 move-in's a month. They treat all their employees awful, so morale is generally so poor and everything is "fear" based. Most of the upper management is held in "high regard" for bullying and for using intimidation. You would never be rewarded for being "sensitive" or "human"!

With the pages and pages written here to management, it's pretty obvious they do not care. However, treating people with just fundamental respect might be a good start. The poor community managers give so much and get so little in return, they should be paid more and treated much better. Why is no one caring in senior management about what is going on at most communities with the constant abuse? I guess it's all about money in the end and nothing else.

Community Sales Leader

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Assessing seniors needs and creating relationships, free meals, enjoyed helping seniors

Cons

Everything! Low base salary for industry standards. Hire sales people with no senior living experience. Bonus plan is sub par and way below industry. Took over 7 weeks to get my training expenses reimbursed to me. Expected to work this ridiculous Tuesday-Saturday schedule. High turnover. Overpriced monthly fees to residents. Hostile work environment. Was promoted but got a much better job outside of industry. I needed to move on as I didn't want my professional reputation tarnished. Seasoned senior living professionals do not take a job with this company. Only thing that was worth anything was Sales Summit. High turnover. Extreme micromanaging.

Take managers out of the sales role and let them do operations. Don't hire RSL without any healthcare or senior living knowledge. Stop trying to run this IL as an ALF

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!