Holiday Retirement

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Gracious Rrrrrunning Around Like Crazy

Former Employee - Sous Chef
Former Employee - Sous Chef

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, consistent schedule, paid Holidays. The job of Sous chef and Pm Cook for Holiday Retirement is a good step in the right direction for an up and coming culinarian. Plenty of time to learn mixed with the pressures of a deadline. The Employee is provided with recipes and consistent meals and is given enough freedoms to expand ones culinary experience ones heart desires.

Cons

The benefits provided do not start until six months employment. If the employee opts-in to the provided benefits package, one should expect at least a third of a paycheck to be removed. The job requirements are tedious and extensive, one should expect to be running around from the moment he/she walks in the door, to the moment the clock stops. With little to no recognition of ones hard work. After each service, which time line is closely monitored by management, the cook is to serve coffee to the residents... At which time one should expect at least 3 negative comments, and a slew of " well my mother never made it like that." comments.
Overall not a pleasant experience.

424 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Server

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

I loved the residents, they were amazing to interact with, even if it was only during meals. And the job itself was not hard, and minimum wage was actually a very reasonable pay. I am actually trying to apply there again for the same position now that there are different managers there.

Cons

The managers, at the time, were very biased and gave some servers more shifts than others. They also would get into me if I didn't wipe down the tables fast enough even though I was pushing really hard

If the servers are going I be on time, don't get on their butts for no realistic reason.

Lead Manager

Current Employee - Lead Manager
    Current Employee - Lead Manager

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the residents for maybe 5 minutes a day. Good associates.

Cons

Since November 2013 the RD has been by far the most demeaning, bullying and has a God complex. Sales, sales, sales is all important. This week I have been told by residents that we never see the managers. Well, when all you can do is sales, that leaves no time for the residents. At the beginning of some of that MANY DAILY phone calls they ask for holiday touch stories. What a joke, that is the farthest from their mind. They figure since you gave up everything to take a managers position including your home, they have over a barrel. There is no respect, only more demanding. Our co's gave notice and they are wonderful caring people that cannot take the demands of the RD. I have feeling we are not far behind them. And don't get me started about the micro-managing...................... If by chance we are still working for Holiday I see cameras coming into the office to keep an eye on us......................

Sell the company to someone that will really make a difference to seniors.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement