Holiday Retirement

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Not impressed.

Current Employee - Executive Chef
Current Employee - Executive Chef

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than a year)

Pros

residents are great. love talking with them on a daily basis listening to all their amazing stories.

Cons

Little to no communication between the 2 sets of live in married managers. extremely high turnover rate for management and employees in general. most co-managers last about 3-9 months before resigning. About the same for building managers. Mostly due to the constant pressure from the sales team. It seems as if that is the companies only aim. we just had 5 sets of managers quit in our region in the past 2 weeks!

The Pay for housekeeping,serving, and hourly kitchen staff is so low that you are resorted to hiring staff with little experience and the ones that have experience don't stick around long because of the constant bombardment of micromanagement from regional down to building management

....OH AND GET THIS... whether your an hourly employee or salary you can never get a raise!!! Thats right! What rate You are hired in as is the rate that you stay for your entire employment. The companies response to my complaints is that "we do give out raises....cost of living raises." My cost of living raise last year was .03 cents. WOW. The only exception for this is if you change jobs say from dishwasher to prep cook, then you would possibly get a raise in pay. (There is only 4 positions in the kitchen: cook sous chef dishwasher and sometimes a prep cook) Generally employees are treated as liabilities as apposed to assets for the company.

440 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Just check the turnover rate...enough said...

I worked at Holiday Retirement

Pros

Seniors are great..some great staff

Cons

too many to list..its all about the bottom line...MONEY...cuts to shave budget..staff overworked...upper management reaping the benefits..food budget for residents is a joke.

Share the wealth...

If you enjoy a consistent beat down and a click-ish, cool kids mentality, join in the fun!

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting seniors and families who truly have a need and helping them to navigate thru the move process.

Cons

Senior leadership is out for themselves. Period. No direction, no training, NO INTEGRITY! Culture is dog eat dog. I'm ALL for making a buck but not at the expense of my integrity or wildly unbalanced work/play ethic. They don't care who goes or stays. It's a turn and burn culture with the mind set that they'll just put someone else in the role if things don't work out. When I started with company I trained with 6 people in my role. Only one of them is left. That was less than a year ago.............

Quite sure they have no interest in my advice..... I tried that once, just before I resigned.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement