Not impressed.

Current Employee - Executive Chef
Current Employee - Executive Chef

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

residents are great. love talking with them on a daily basis listening to all their amazing stories.

Cons

Little to no communication between the 2 sets of live in married managers. extremely high turnover rate for management and employees in general. most co-managers last about 3-9 months before resigning. About the same for building managers. Mostly due to the constant pressure from the sales team. It seems as if that is the companies only aim. we just had 5 sets of managers quit in our region in the past 2 weeks! The Pay for housekeeping,serving, and hourly kitchen staff is so low that you are resorted to hiring staff with little experience and the ones that have experience don't stick around long because of the constant bombardment of micromanagement from regional down to building management ....OH AND GET THIS... whether your an hourly employee or salary you can never get a raise!!! Thats right! What rate You are hired in as is the rate that you stay for your entire employment. The companies response to my complaints is that "we do give out raises....cost of living raises." My cost of living raise last year was .03 cents. WOW. The only exception for this is if you change jobs say from dishwasher to prep cook, then you would possibly get a raise in pay. (There is only 4 positions in the kitchen: cook sous chef dishwasher and sometimes a prep cook) Generally employees are treated as liabilities as apposed to assets for the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not appreciated

Former Employee - Community Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love elderly people and wanted to make a difference

Cons

My wife and I worked as managers for three years. The only time you felt important is when you assisted the CSL in closing a contract. Wore ourselves out for the company which does not seem to care about the residents. Most residents pay large amounts per month and I was not permitted to buy steak for the valentine banquet because it was too expensive. Managers and Sales Leaders are terminated whenever they do not maintain a high census and make a huge monthly profit for the company. We finally left the company because the company was using us to PR for them to the residents (residents loved us) while the company was wanting to treat the residents poorly. Advice to prospective residents - find somewhere else to live.

Advice to Management

You have forgot who butters the bread and you are now losing so many good managers and sales leaders that the communities are suffering. Stop the greed before it eats you alive.

Holiday reitrement company is unorgainized

Current Employee - Server in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Holiday Retirement part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sense of community, good coworkers

Cons

Managers change often. Poor decisions by former managers

Advice to Management

Please try to be more consistent and don't leave after 2 months