Holiday Retirement

www.holidaytouch.com
  www.holidaytouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Worst company I've worked for in 30 years--micromanagement at its worst!

Current Employee - Community Sales Leader
Current Employee - Community Sales Leader

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the community and what it offers our residents and love working with seniors. It's a nice product and good value. Good health plan.

Cons

As a sales professional with degrees and years of health care experience, I've never been treated so poorly. You spend 1/4 of the day telling three supervisors the same thing. There are one-on-one coaching calls, reporting calls, a model of selling that sometimes make me feel like I'm in the used car business. Supervisors think they have all the answers. But the bottom line is family and residents make up their mind in their own time, not Holiday time. Difficult to take holidays off when you work in a community. Lots of management turnover and personality issues. Employees are not value and respected even though we all give the best to our residents.

Respect and value your employees. It's good business sense and reducing turnover saves money. Employees feel so little value--even lead community managers and co-managers. Sales leaders are monitored and beaten up on a consistent basis. Many managers are leaving for career with Hawthorne because they feel the old Holiday management run a more effective organization. In my entire 30 year career, I've never worked so many hours for so little pay. Commissions were reduced in company's favor. How are employees ever going to feel valued? The company is nothing without its managers and staff.

426 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

long hours

I have been working at Holiday Retirement

Pros

love the residents and the loction

Cons

hate the hours and the pay

Never fully staffed made the hours seem unending

Former Employee - Co Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Co Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (less than an year)

Pros

We found that working with the seniors was great. There was different things to do different days, not boring.

Cons

Never fully staffed so could barely have any time off. Other managers didn't share the on call duties. Was more of a nursing home, rather than "independent living".

Be sure to get relief managers if there isn't 2 sets of managers to run things. Less meetings, more hands on activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement