There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement

Growing company with great values

I have been working at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is making major changes that positively impact the employee and residents. They have surveyed both employees and residents to find ways to make improvements. Some recent positive changes:

1. New senior leadership that is committed to making a positive difference in employee and residents lives.
2. New rewards and recognition programs that are providing cash and certificates to the front line employees.
3. Active campaigns to give back to veterans and local communities both in money and volunteer time.
4. Increased facility improvement budgets.
5. Pay and benefits are great.
6. Over the last year communications have improved. We hear a lot more about what is going on in the company.

Additionally, the company is growing, stable, and in the right demographic for the future. If you like connecting with people, love customer service, and are not afraid of hard work the communities are a great place. Holiday is making a difference for thousands of individuals everyday.

Cons

The company like many companies during the recession had to put a larger focus on sales. This is changing as the company now has high occupancy. The community manager and sales roles are hard positions. Those dedicated to the residents will find the rewards, but those in it just for a job will struggle. Many negative reviews are from people who were not successful.

Continue the cultural changes. In the last year there have been a lot of positive changes.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Retirement (View Most Recent)

Worst company I ever worked for.

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees and Residents are the best part of this job.

Cons

Micro Management is the name of the game. Your just a number. No bonuses, Expect to do the job and not give you the tools to do them with.

Worst experience of my life

Former Employee - Community Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Community Sales Leader

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with seniors and making them happy.

Cons

This company is run by people who have no knowledge of senior living nor do they care. All they care about is money. They treat their employees horribly with pressure and intimidation. They know how badly they treat people and don't care. Upper management is a joke. I saw a lot of drunken partying by upper management and some real bad examples, but this is what they do best. Their are no morals or ethics and no one cares about the residents. The pressure they put on the sales people borders on abuse and I only hope that no one is desperate enough to take a job with this company.

I have no advice. They don't care.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Retirement