Holiday Stationstores

www.holidaystationstores.com
  www.holidaystationstores.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Stationstores

Holiday is a great place to work

Former Employee - Store General Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Store General Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Holiday Stationstores

Pros

Great working environment, Many opportunities to advance. The company is full of great people and helping other employees and other stores is expected. Teamwork between stores in a district helps store managers do a great job and helps cover the small mistakes we all make. Product is often transfered between stores, employees help out at other stores when there is a need. Managers talk out problems and ideas with each other. Learning far more than they would by keeping their thoughts to themselves.

Cons

Hours worked requirements for managers are higher than optimal, but not out of the ordinary for the industry.

A little less concentration on number of hours and more on results would be beneficial.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Stationstores (View Most Recent)

A good short-term job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores part-time

Pros

Co-workers are friendly at my store, flexibility of scheduling is outstanding, and conversing with customers can be pleasant, especially the daily returning customers. A great way to know a community.

Cons

Gas station customers can be jerks. Many impatient, demanding customers come in and out our doors, expecting the world from us simple associates. But, we just have to grin and get to the next customer.

Put yourself in the shoes of the part-time associate sometimes.

I like what I do

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back work environment
    Great support for problem solving
    Rewards those that work hard and show initiative

Cons

Retail hours
    Having to babysit low end retail employees
    Retail pay

Don't rely on hierarchy to find employees suited for advancement. Sometimes managers would rather hold on to good employees to benefit themselves and don't care to see others advance. That brings down morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Stationstores

Worked for Holiday Stationstores? Contribute to the Community!