Holland America

www.hollandamerica.com
  www.hollandamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Holland America

once in a lifetime experience

Current Employee - Kitchen Assistant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Kitchen Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Holland America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

can tour different places, will met new friends, can distinguish whose races into discrimination, upportunities to acquire great comments from good guests and acknowledgement

Cons

discrimination from some of our senior management, overworked/overtime without pay, not fair, sometimes verbal harrasment, favoritism

be fair, on salary and the time of work each day..., take considerations on those in need of justice!

121 Other Employee Reviews for Holland America (View Most Recent)

It has been a fulfilling experience working as well as travelling to different tourist destinations around the world.

Former Employee - Human Resources Officer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Officer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Holland America as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair, equal rights for all. No racism or prejudice. Advance in carrier always possible.

Cons

Too much work load in the HR Department and the only department with no gratuities given working in a small confined office.

To restructure the Human Resources Department that they are not overwhelmed with their jobs and have equal rights for gratuities same as other department/s as well as an outside cabin.

It was pretty good. I planned on making a nice career there.

Former Employee - Direct Reservations in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Direct Reservations in Seattle, WA

I worked at Holland America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice co-workers, good policies, fun product, good bosses. I only left to take a better job.

Cons

Low Pay, low commissions, no overtime, sitting all day, older building that you work in. Do not lie on your application about anything. I know of three people that got fired in the 4 months I was there because they put that they did not smoke and the HR team saw them smoking after they were hired.....fired the same day.

Your marketing team needs a complete overhaul. It never gets the brochures correctly, they don't try and populate new customers, the brochures are hard to understand for your old customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Holland America